Reviews (1 377)
1 377 results
All reviews sauna and jacuzzi bit dated breakfast was buffet style lick of paint view of the lake weekend break leisure facilities lovely view couldn't do enough full english lakes
109 - 114 of 1 377 reviews
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night at the end of April, as you enter the hotel it’s very modern and clean, all the staff were really pleasant, helpful and check in was quick. But soon as you enter the stairs to the rooms it’s a different story! The room was so dated, Tiny. The bed wasn’t even a double bed! The bathroom you could hardly move in and the shower was cold anytime we showered. The furniture was dated old and worn down! Didn’t even know you buy the block tv’s still!! For what they charge this really isn’t justified! You can hear next doors conversations and people walking past the rooms at all times. The rooms are certainly not what they show on booking.com! The facilities are great, lovely bar and Resturant and breakfast was fantastic. Great location so overall mixed reviews not sure we would book again due to the conditions of the room.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Jodi H, Managing Director at The Hydro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear Ranj_79

Many thanks for your review following your recent stay at The Hydro Hotel and I am sorry you were not happy with the room you were allocated. Thank you for the great feedback about the team and the facilities in the bar & restaurant.

We do have 25 rooms and suites fully refurbished and hope to have all other rooms completed within the next 12 months. If you do book again, please book one of these rooms which I am sure you will love.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed in room 177 on Saturday night & were very impressed with the setting, location & entrance areas and felt the hefty £150 per night to be justified. However.....

I don’t know where to start with the room. Firstly it must be older than me & I’m 37. Blue linoleum walls & floors with a suite so old that the pressure in the taps/toilet didn’t work. The Furniture was so worn a charity shop would unlikely accept it, the carpet is so old I couldn’t tell you the original colour & a tv that might be worth something as it might be one of the first ever made!

We desperately tried to find elsewhere as £150 was daylight robbery & we hated being in there awake but we found ourselves stuck. Just so so upsetting for a birthday break.

Stayed: May 2018

Dear louisew

I was sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay, this is really disappointing to hear. Please send me an email with your contact details to Jodi@squirehotels.co.uk and I will contact you so that I can discuss your experience with you in detail.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

A last minute trip to Bowness and needed a room. Booked the Hydro as it had a pool and central location.
I read the trip advisor reviews after booking and was worried.

Whilst the hotel is dated the staff were very friendly. It was clean, breakfast was decent for a buffet breakfast. Produce decent and didn't seem to be your usual catering sausage/bacon. The location is excellent, just minutes walk from the centre.

There are a few negatives but at £90 for a night for two inc breakfast it was perfectly fine.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Dear schfc6

Thank you for your review and I was happy to read that you had a good stay and thank you for sharing your experience.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Booked a wowcher deal and was not disappointed!

Excellent staff and customer service, really personal and on arrival we were upgraded to the stunning tower suite which had stunning views across Bowness. As well as THE BEST accommodation, the bathroom was incredible with its HUGE bath.

I couldn’t recommend this place more and wish I could have stayed longer!

Food was great too! Just an all round great hotel and great start to my 29th year!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Shannon M

Thank you for the lovely review. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable birthday stay and thank you for sharing your experience and recommending The Hydro to other travellers.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Receptionist only been there five days but was so pleasant and helpful (checking in a bit slow because of a queue) set a really good start to our visit. Room was lovely, big and refurbished with everything we needed and bathroom excellent. Dinner was very good although limited menu. Waiting staff very pleasant and very helpful. Breakfast good although slow to fill up tureens with some breakfast items. Overall well worth a visit and very enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank twin1906

Dear twin1906

Thank you for the lovely review. I was delighted to read that you had a relaxing and enjoyable stay and thank you for sharing your experience and recommending The Hydro to other travellers. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.