“An excellent birthday dinner”
Review of Porto Restaurant

Porto Restaurant
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Just a five minute stroll from the shores of Lake Windermere. Serving food all day with indoor and outdoor seating areas
Reviewed 19 July 2018

My boyfriend and I booked this restaurant for my birthday meal while spending 3 days in Windermere. The restaurant staff went above and beyond by making me feel extra special. We arrived at 8:00PM and there was confetti and "happy birthday" decorations on the table. The food was incredible, I had the steak and he had the lamb chump. We were so full that we decided not to have desert but the chef had already prepared a birthday chocolate plate with sticky toffee pudding and fruit for us. I was delighted by the excellent service! This is my second time i've been here and it was even better than the first! I will certainly be back again next time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 997)

76 - 80 of 1 997 reviews

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Booked a table and popped along for dinner. Amazingly friendly service, awesome cocktails and great (stunning) food.
We ordered scallops, fish cakes and the burger.
Scallops were cooked and seasoned perfectly and the Thai fish cakes were divine....the burgers however were described by better half as the best in recent memory!
They were genuinely handmade and cooked exactly as a good burger should be, ever so slightly pink but so meaty and tender.

Didn’t have desserts but had coffees

4 thumbs up.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

What an amazing evening we had! On seeing previous reviews we made a booking here as soon as we arrived in Bowness. Thankfully, they are one of a few high end restaurants here that allow dogs. Barney, our English Springer Spaniel, was treated like royalty with a bowl of fresh water and a few treats! As for us, we were truly spoilt by an excellent menu, both food and drinks, and such an attentive waitress. The prices here are well warranted as the food is outstanding and so very well presented. Portion size is perfect and with my restricted diet, I was able to have both a main course and a dessert, a rare treat for me these days. My husband had a starter and main. We had several drinks; something before our food came, a generous glass of wine with our food and, for me, a very welcoming liqueur coffee to finish. The bill for the two of us came to £104 but, in a heartbeat, it was money well spent. This will certainly be one of the best highlights of our holiday, certainly on the dining side, and we would recommend Porto Restaurant as a must for those who love good food. In fact, we had such a good time that when we left we booked again to return on the last night of our holiday!

Reviewed 15 July 2018

A small but great menu with delicious food that looked very appetising. It was a lovely restaurant and well worth looking out for. We booked ahead which seemd the best thing to do as they were busy. However, you weren't rushed and staff were helpful and attentive, without being in the way. We would happily recommend this place.

1  Thank JonHove
Reviewed 13 July 2018

Booked for a table on line. We were greeted pleasantly by the staff and showed us our table. We were given the choice of dining in the restaurant or on the terrace but we opted to remain in the restaurant. Not big but nicely set up, well lit up and very clean.
My order of steak was delivered as requested but overpriced, I thought. My meal was good. However the wild mushrooms risotto was unpalatable as the amount of black pepper added to the meal made it impossible to taste. However the staff was very apologetic on many occasions and soon a freshly cooked plate of risotto was served. The meal was ok at a reasonable price. Perhaps the meals were not at the standard expected from a fine dining restaurant. However the staff were very welcoming and helpful.

1  Thank Dave R