All reviews hot tub on the balcony poolside bar pool side small cinema the penthouse buffet breakfast spa facilities car park family room lovely hotel hotel bar cinema room lake district high standard relaxing weekend dressing table course meal
Reviewed 11 May 2017

Myself and my husband have just spent 2 nights at the Burnside for our wedding anniversary and we could not fault a thing.
Every member of staff gave the best service and very friendly, the hotel was very clean, the breakfast was great with lots of choice, the restaurant food was delicious with excellent presentation and with superb service, our room had a beautiful lake view, the spa was lovely, clean and very relaxing.The location was perfect for a walk into the village for shops,pubs,cafes and restaurants and also amusements and walks myself and my husband thoroughly enjoyed our stay and look forward to booking again for a stay in July.

Date of stay: May 2017
Reviewed 11 May 2017

A very nice hotel wiht excellent staff. A lot of work going on at hotel but was not instrusive so not a problem. Rooms large and comfrtable and lovley restauarant. Only thing that was poor was Wi Fi as little or no signal in the bedroom/ Was also concerned that they charge 5% on credit cards which in this day and age is not good.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2017

The hotel is definitely well run, to the point of being like a military operation & this efficiency seems to rub off on the way the guests are treated . I found some staff were very brusque & curt.
The super proficiency gave the hotel more of a corporate feel, there is nothing else to fault , the breakfast was good , the hotel spotless , the rooms comfortable, but I expect a warmer & friendlier interactions , I did not feel like a valued guest . I had been spoilt rotten the night before at a more intimate hotel , so perhaps my expectations were too high.

1  Thank Kymallia
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Room was very comfortable and clean. Breakfast was great, attentive staff and good buffet choices. Outside seating area could do with an up date as the view is lovely and it would be nice to seat in comfort and enjoy it. Overall good value for money.

Room tip: Go for a lake view room.
Review collected in partnership with ASUS 12 W8 IE Bookmark
Reviewed 29 April 2017

Just returned from a 2 night stay for hubbies 50th birthday. We stayed in room 121 which was a lovely large room with large bathroom and the most fantastic views over lake Windermere.
We stopped on a bed and breakfast basis. The breakfast although buffet style was superb. Plenty of choice and excellent quality.
We used the spa which was a lovely addition to the hotel. Relaxing in the hot tub and sauna.
The location couldn't be better, elevated enough to benefit from wonderful views and near enough to walk to the lake and nearby restaurants , pubs, shops etc.
My only disappointment was the bed, both my husband and I had bad backs sleeping in it so unfortunately didn't sleep well at all.
Apart from this the hotel was great

Room tip: Ask for a room with a view.