“Fusion spice, very nice”
Review of Mela Spice Fusion

Mela Spice Fusion
Price range: US$17 - US$22
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is down a side street tucked away and quite small but as the saying goes good things come in small packages or something like that anyway!

The main restaurant is up a flight of stairs so unfortunately not accessible to all, although they did have some tables on the ground floor I don't think it suitable to enjoy an evening of Fusion spice,unless you were on your own!
The staff were very pleasant and informative and knowledgeable about their food.They went out of their way to make the evening a pleasant experience.
The food was good, my wife had a chicken Madras which is usually too hot for our palettes so they took a bit of the heat out, (minus a few hot spices),it had an unusual flavour of garlic coming through and tasted beautiful. I had a tandori lamb biryani which again was very good. Generally very pleased with the meal and service,I would go there again.
Funnily enough I got talking to a local working across the road from the restaurant and he said it was good,he wasn't wrong.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

It is so worth it!! It's a small restaurant and tbh a little tired but wow, the food is so worth it.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank hrpr0fessi0nal
Reviewed 3 July 2018

Arrived for dinner during our short trip to lakes. Party of 6 was seated swiftly and we were served by some very lovely staff. Drinks and food was served quickly and to a very high standard. The restaurant is small but very well lit and decor was lovely. It was during the recent heatwave and the fans helped keep the eating area cool.
All our food was delightful and the waiters were very professional.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 16 June 2018

Mela is a very small place.
I notice that people who gave bad reviews seemed to be Indian! ! !
My wife & myself have been to Mela twice and found the waiters very friendly.
My wife cannot manage stairs so we were seated down stairs.
Drinks and poppadoms came quickly and we found the main meals excellent.
I would recommend this Curry House.
Best in Bowness.... we tried others on our trip but . . . . . . . .!

Date of visit: June 2018
2  Thank BryoFrank
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Great food!
Visited whilst on a weekend away and had not booked a restaurant, we were offered a table and thouraghly enjoyed our meal and received good service.

Date of visit: May 2017