“Excellent Three-Course Meal”

Jackson's Bistro
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 June 2017

I went here for a three-courser with my girlfriend after the Great North Swim. I had the stuffed mushrooms for my starter, the lamb & black pudding casserole for my main course, and we shared a sticky toffee pudding for our dessert.
All three courses were gorgeous. We loved it. There's a good atmosphere in the restaurant, and there was great, friendly banter with the staff.
Would definitely recommend Jackson's, if you're around Windermere.

2  Thank Marc F
Write a ReviewReviews (1 756)

335 - 339 of 1 757 reviews

Reviewed 11 June 2017

We were greeted warmly although having not booked, and were seated in a very pleasant area of the restaurant. The staff were attentive yet not intrusive. The set menu had excellent choices, as did the main menu. The food was cooked to order, full of flavour, well proportioned and well presented.

2  Thank roberta00
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

We've just had a meal here this evening and I honestly couldn't fault one single thing. The service was excellent with all the staff being very attentive but not over the top. The food was simply gorgeous with just the right amount of time left in between course. The restaurant is very relaxed and cosy, lots of menu choices and the price was really reasonable. We've been here around 4 times but over about 8 years and each time it has been excellent. We won't leave it as long next time!

2  Thank michellecook99
Reviewed 10 June 2017

We went here without booking on the last night of our holidays and luckily got a table. Although we had stayed in Bowness before, this was our first time at Jacksons and we weren't disappointed. The food was excellent, my sister and I had the confit duck leg and my mum had the pork and they were all delicious. The dessert I had was yummy. The service was cheerful and the staff were exceptionally pleasant and obliging. We will definitely be making a return next year!

1  Thank Angela T
Reviewed 10 June 2017

Been here a few times and have never been disappointed. Food is lovely and the staff are very attentive. Although they don't have a gluten free menu, everything is made fresh to order and they are very clued up.

1  Thank Mark A