“Hoping for food and drink but....”
Review of The Monkey's Fist

The Monkey's Fist
Ranked #32 of 300 Restaurants in Weymouth
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped at this place in the middle of a lovely square because of the gorgeous looking cocktails on one of only two occupied tables outside. The rude waiter refused to serve us a drink unless we ordered food... we hadn’t even seen the menu yet! The restaurant was empty, the England match was on so we sat next door enjoying an even better looking cocktail and some food without the pressure!

4  Thank MrKae

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Although this is mainly a seafood restaurant, and not being a fan of fish, two of us decided to give it a go. Was not disappointed as I had the fillet steak and my mate had the lamb chops. The steak was cooked to just how I like it, and the chops were also perfect. An open kitchen, and quite a small dining area, but there are tables outside if the weather is fine. Booking is essential. Very pleasant staff and you were made to feel very welcome. Only downside was that there was not a great choice of wine by the glass, but plenty of choice by the bottle. Would visit again.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The food here was wonderful. We both had very good calamari, which was very tender. I then had the seabass on crab linguine ad this was delicious and there was a generous amount of cab. I had the cheesecake for pudding, which was proper baked cheesecake, which you don't often find in the UK. The waiting staff were very good and it's fun to be able to see into the kitchen. It was too cold to eat outside, but there is a nice seating area. You could imagine you were on holiday in Italy.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

This is a very nice restaurant in a lovely square in Weymouth harbour district that we’ve eaten in a few times with good experiences. This time we had a slightly lesser experience

The staff are very attentive and friendly and there’s a good wine selection but we were disappointed with the three steaks that we ordered.

My sons sirloin was good but the blue cheese sauce was quite bland, he said he could hardly taste any Stilton at all

My wife and I both ordered fillet steak with pate on top and a rich red sauce. My wife’s steak was good but mine was very fatty for a fillet. We both thought the pate was quite a cheap version and we were given too much of it. Neither of us liked the bread base the steaks were mounted on.

We’ll still go back but stick to their lovely fish and pasta dishes.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Booked a table for 4 on saturday with Local friends
Greeted by a handsome waiter we were seated and offered a drink to start with.The menu has a various choice of fresh fish and some meat choices. I chose the scallops followed by the seabass.I could see the chef preparing the food! Awesome!!
Both starter and main were lovely;tasty and well presented.Service was top ! Attentive and funny.
Will go back this summer! And i highly reccomend!