“Classic Harvester”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Good service, tasty food and refill drinks. There’s lots of outside seating to enjoy on a lovely sunny day.

General Manager A, Manager at Harvester The Spyglass Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us! Thank you so much again for your feedback! We hope you have a great day!

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Visited today and wanted to sit outside. It was busy outside but inside was mostly empty. We found a seat on a table with a parasol as it was hot and we have a 4 month old baby. We went to order food and was told we need to move as the paint on that table was wet even though we'd been sitting there for 10 minutes and it was completely dry but was told 'there's a difference between your dry and our dry'. The only other table avaliable outside had dirty plates on. We sat down and when I ordered food I asked for the table to be cleared which they said would be done. 30 minutes later we were still waiting for it to be cleared so i asked again to be told 'no we are to busy with tables inside' even though at the point of me asking there were 3 waitresses standing by the bar talking and they had been walking passed dirty tables without clearing them. After asking 3 times the women behind the bar begrudgingly asked a waitress to clear the table which was done 2 minutes after they bought out our food. The food was okay. Chips were quite cold and burger soggy but was happy to eat and get going again. All in all very bad service which others outside were complaining about. Wouldnt visit again.

1  Thank AshleyCLaurenW
General Manager A, Manager at Harvester The Spyglass Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Hi Ashleyclaurenw, we can assure you that we do not find this type of behavior acceptable, and we would like to address the situation you have described. We would like to work towards a resolution, so if you are willing, please reach out to us at 01305 833141 to discuss this further.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Always pop in here after the beach for a nice cold pint of San Miguel , service is Okish but they always seem to be short staffed and while I drink my pint in the garden , the tables are never cleared .. with a broken glass on the patio area for 1/2 hour , this place used to be the best and was very busy , but it’s gone down hill a lot since then , the beach huts which I don’t like are filthy , the whole place needs a good clean and more staff xx

Hi Clairer1965, we regret to hear that you are displeased with your recent experience with us. If you are willing to give us another chance, please reach out to us at 01305 833141 to speak to our manager directly.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Busted on a Friday late afternoon with my daughter who wanted to sit outside.

When I asked the service staff about sitting outside they just said find ur own table, no menus were given to me, no instruction on what I had to do.

Eventually after some trips inside to the bar I was informed that I needed my table number. Food ordered I waited for the food which came with no cutlery. When I asked if I could get some I rudely got told “it’s by the bar”.

Towards the end of our tea I was aware of a acrid smell. Upon leaving I discovered a massive pile of dog pooh next to the steps that no one had tried to clean up.

My advice is to sit inside as u definitely get better service.

1  Thank Weytigger
General Manager A, Manager at Harvester The Spyglass Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Hi Weytigger, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. We are disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied with your visit. Thank you for leaving feedback. Please reach out to us at 01305 833141 so we may identify ways to improve your experience.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Book first as gets very busy good selection of food good salad selection and very good vegetarian selection i thought seeing as iam a meat eater food very well cooked and service was good

General Manager A, Manager at Harvester The Spyglass Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Hi Dh004t6576, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! We hope to be of service to you again in the future.
Best wishes,