“Lovely food and atmosphere ”
Review of Slug & Lettuce

Slug & Lettuce
Ranked #200 of 309 Restaurants in Weymouth
Price range: US$9 - US$39
Description: Join us at Slug and Lettuce for any occasion; cocktails and fizz, wine and dine, afternoon tea or just a simple catch up with friends. We can provide the full VIP treatment or leave you to relax with friends in a stunning venue, with plenty of choice for everyone.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We popped in for dinner on Wednesday evening(27th).
Lovely decor and music at a reasonable level.
We ordered our meals and everything was really well delivered. The staff members(Keira? and Jay) were really polite and friendly. It’s definitely somewhere I would return to for relaxed evening meals during the week.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Saturday evening the doorman stood in my way upon trying to gain entry, looked me up and down and mumbled about he couldn’t do it. When asked what was the issue he stated because my T shirt said Ellesse Sport. He couldn’t provide an answer to why this wasn’t acceptable to be worn in the establishment so myself and my uncle walked away. After telephoning on Sunday I was told the doorman had got it wrong and should only turn away customers in football or rugby tops. The excuse was the doorman was new.
It seems the management need to properly train the doormen so as to not get this wrong. That would have been my first visit to a Slug and Lettuce but I shall not be attempting to return.

1  Thank Chubbz2014
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We had a beautiful meal here,the drinks were delicious too,2for1 cocktails all day everyday and they had a live singer on which made the atmosphere amazing,the staff were helpful and friendly and the place was immaculate,will definitely dine here again,or even just come for a drink when we’re next in Weymouth

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Second visit here on a Saturday lunchtime. All our plates were cleared, even the children. Very clean venue and polite staff. I only marked them down as my daughter and I had to swap toilets a couple of times due to the locks not working.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Bar has been nicely done up but a few important critisms.
The lift to allow wheelchairscto acess was supposedly broken. Staff very busy, and seemed disinterested in trying to get it working for someone trying to get to bar with friends. Not good enough Slug and lettuce. The chicken was over seared on outside but not cooked enough in middle once again waitress did not have the customer service skill to deal with this. Shame cause for a drink with nice atmosphere it's fine.

keith t, General Manager at Slug & Lettuce, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Hi

When was your visit? the lift is brand new and works fine??