“Black Horse Raby room 10 Newgate”
Review of The Black Horse

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Black Horse
Reviewed 2 January 2018

We stayed in the brand new apartments at the back of this pub which is situated just off the Butter market end of the high street in November 2017. I cant praise them enough so warm and cosy under floor heating and all mod cons. The apartments ( I think there are 8 ) are so handy for the high street, pubs and restaurants and yet extremely quiet. You are 10 minutes walk from the river Tees and beautiful walking trails through woods, also high Force is less then 30 minutes walking . We loved it and would highly recommend it to anyone

Reviewed 16 December 2017

The Black Horse is very good, traditional, understated pub just off the town centre. It is a fine example of what a "local" pub should be:- unpretentious and simple decor, friendly service, good beer and friendly locals.

They also have a couple of rental flats behind the pub, and we had the top floor one for a week. It was a very good apartment and provided an ideal base for exploring the splendid town of Barnard Castle and the lovely countryside surrounding it. We arranged our rental via RCI, but I've no doubt you can book direct via the pub.

As we were here for a week, we were able to sample all the pubs in town and, quite simply, if I lived here - the Black Horse would be my local.