“Varied Menu, great combination of flavours.”

Mirchi Indian Cuisine
Ranked #41 of 118 Restaurants in Bude
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I took two friends here for a meal whilst visiting them in Bude. Whilst I had eaten in many Indian restaurants in the UK and Overseas my friends had no idea what to order. So as you can imagine I felt a great responsibility to get this right! Having looked through a fairly extensive menu I chose Chicken Tikka, Sheek Kebab & Vegetable Samosas for starters which we all shared. This was a great success. Then for main course 2 x Chicken Dansak & King Prawn Biryani with Mushroom Rice. Let’s say there was nothing left at the end which left everyone very satisfied and very full. Great flavours, huge Prawns (even tho’ we had to dig them out of the rice)!

On the hottest day this year so far, it was a huge relief to find they had air conditioning as well.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had a very enjoyable meal this evening. Having read mixed reviews on trip advisor we were swayed to try it by the lovely cooking smells . It was pretty busy for a Monday with a good vibe. The team were friendly and attentive but not over powering. My partner had sizzling platter which he thoroughly enjoyed . I had tikka dansak which was very nice. We shared coconut rice yummy and a large portion we didn’t finish. Onion bhajis were very good as was the saag aloo. All in all a lovely meal and reasonably priced . Try it you won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited here after sitting in pub behind and could smell the cooking. We looked at reviews before going and spoke to barman. Barman said don't bother, well glad we did. Food was very good and service was good too. If lived in Bude would go more often.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Mirchi was very close to where we were staying so we walked to it Unlike many Indian & Bangladeshi restaurants it is light and airy with lots of photos/picture of local places.

I liked the menu, as it had some unfamiliar dishes, and I like to try new dishes. The Hari Mirchi Bhuna I had was delicious, full of flavour and huge. I was disappointed I was unable to finish eating it (should not have had 2 poppadoms with chutneys!) However the chicken tikka Biryani my partner had was average.

Service was good. The menu had a clear explanation of each dish. I would eat there again if I was in Bude.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Collected a takeaway from this Bude restaurant, beautifully cooked just the right level of spice my wife had garlic and chilli chicken and I had a lamb both delicious will certainly use again.