“Coffee with mates”

Coffee#1 Newton Abbot
Price range: US$1 - US$7
Description: Award-winning coffee, cakes and pastries for breakfast, lunch and tea. Comfy sofas, beautiful interiors and cosy corners that you can hide away in for a quiet half an hour are as important to us as the cake we serve and the service we give. Come and see for yourself.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Lovely surroundings and atmosphere....equally good coffee and cake and service excellent. In the heart of Newton easily accessible.

Emma H, Owner at Coffee#1 Newton Abbot, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind words, I am pleased that you have enjoyed your experience with us

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We diverted here for a much needed flat white before returning from Trago to the mother-in-law’s. I found the coffee rather too bitter and served too hot for my taste, but still good enough after a few days without one.

Emma H, Owner at Coffee#1 Newton Abbot, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Sorry to hear your coffee was bitter, please let us know next time and we will happily remake it for you - we want to make the experience great for all our customers.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

The venue is cosy with different seating areas to suit family, friends, couples or singles. The décor is attractive and more homely than its well known rival. A very relaxing place to take a break and choose your favourite corner to enjoy a delicious cup of coffee and a snack

Emma H, Owner at Coffee#1 Newton Abbot, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Thank you for your lovely comments, it is always nice to hear them. Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 22 January 2018

When out and about we look for the Coffee No.1 if there is one in the town. We think that they serve the best coffee out of all the big chain coffee shops. Can get busy, but then the tables do change over, so worth the wait even if you have call back. There is a limited menu, but there will be something there to tempt you. Staff always pleasant and helpful.

Agnes B, other at Coffee#1 Newton Abbot, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

I am happy that we have impressed you enough to keep coming back, it is always nice to get some positive feedback

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

As a frequent visitor to coffee #1 Exeter I decided to Pick up my partner from her work nearby in Newton Abbot. 1st port of call coffee after a rough day. Had the dog with me and there was no external sign or notice stating “no dogs allowed “.
So I walked in with the dog. I was eyeballed by one assistant who said nothing to me, so I walked over to a vacant table to tie the dog up. Then in a loud voice from behind the counter “sorry sir you can’t bring your dog inside. Only outside it permitted” it was raining hard...I asked where the signage indicating this, as there was nothing externally. The assistant then said And pointed to a small sign at least 20 feet inside mounted on a pillar!

*WHY NOT HAVE THE APPROPRIATE SIGNAGE INDICATING “NO DOGS ALLOWED” AT THE ENTRANCE?!!

*WHY NOT APPROACH THE CUSTOMER AND QUIETLY ADVISE THAT NOW DOGS ARE ALLOWED INSTEAD OF EMBARRASSING ME - THE CUSTOMER?!!

Is this your normal customer service?!!!

1  Thank paulthechief

I am sorry you experienced this level of customer service, we will take on board your comments about our signage and look to improve it in the future