“Excellent attentiveness from thoughtful staff!”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #54 of 162 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 2 April 2018

First of all, the restaurant itself, the food, the ambience, and the value are all excellent, but what really stood out on my most recent visit was the amazing service we had from the staff, who went far beyond what I would expect.

I was dining with a friend in a wheelchair who has difficulty using one side, and the staff were happy to oblige us by assisting with this before the food arrived. Throughout our meal they were understanding of our needs and made what can sometimes be a complicated experience absolutely delightful. When we came to the end of our meal they were likewise extremely accomodating of my friends requirements when it came to paying the bill, and ensured she felt comfortable and relaxed at all times.

I would like to single out both Katla and Iwona for praise, as they both went the extra mile (and several more!) to make the whole experience wonderful.

Thankyou all.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I love pizza and the pizzas here are ok. What I object to is paying almost 40 quid for me and the wife to have a pizza each (standard) and 1 drink for this much money.

I guess these types of chains rely on people being suckered in by the chainy type experience

Trust me 2 beers and 2 pizzas are not worth £40.

Won’t return again ever. I can get a full Sunday roast and a beer for a lot less in a pub chain (not Wetherspoons)

It’s a bit of dough with a few things chucked on the top. Seriously.

Guess if your the kind of person that lobs over £5 for a coffee in Costa then this is the place to go.

Plenty of other places to eat for far less, far more quality food and a cheaper drink.

1  Thank Pete D
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We went here for dinner on a Saturday night. We booked in advance and were seated quickly. The food was very good as was the service.

1  Thank rab7772017
Reviewed 15 February 2018

We had supper there and had booked and got a grotty table. Service was quick but no one offered us chilli oil or pepper. They were not busy.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

My wife and I had had a disappointing experience at this restaurant before, but when my son and I wanted to celebrate some good news earlier this week it was his choice to go there. We both so wish we hadn't. The meal was disappointing and I certainly do not intend to go back. For a restaurant called 'Pizza Express' to deliver poor pizza - well, words fail me.

1  Thank Charles S