“A pleasure to dine here”

The Kings Arms Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 162 Restaurants in Christchurch
Price range: US$8 - US$41
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Alex Aitken from Le Poussin, Limewood and The Jetty, is now in charge of the food and menus at The Kings Restaurant.The Restaurant serves the very best local and seasonal food – with sophisticated simplicity and a unique and charming English setting, overlooking the Kings Arms Bowling Green and historical castle ruins.The Kings Restaurant is honoured to introduce the new 'Josper Grill', a technique that imparts a distinctive charcoal flavour to all the local and handpicked ingredients placed upon its coals. The delicious menu makes use of the very best local ingredients either caught, grown or prepared close to Christchurch from the New Forest and the waters of the South Coast.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We dined here twice during our 3 night stay.

My only criticism would be that on both occasions the waitress had to tell us that certain items were no longer available on the menu. This was a shame. Apart from this, The food was great, portions generous but not excessive and the service impressive.

NicolasRoulier, General Manager at The Kings Arms Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Dear weaselmum;

Thank you for your review and I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your visit overall. I'm disappointed to read that there were on both occasions missing items on our menu but do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

My family and I went yesterday for a Mother’s Day lunch and it was fantastic! Having had an amazing lunch there on Christmas Day, our expectations were high and we were not disappointed. Plenty of choices on the menu to suit all tastes, all food ordered arrived quickly but we never felt rushed, which was great considering how busy they were! Staff we exceptionally friendly, as always, and nothing was too much trouble! I’d happily go to The Kings Arms Restaurant to celebrate any special occasion as I know I’m going to have a fantastic meal.

Dear Jenny;

Thank you very much for your lovely review; the team were delighted with your feedback.
We are all looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I got married on Thursday 22nd of February it was an informal day and we booked lunch at the kings hotel for 9 guests. As always the service was exceptional the staff are very friendly and their was nothing they wouldn’t do for us the food was absolutely fantastic as always. I highly recommend the kings to everyone excellent value,service and quality, “the cocktails are great to “”

NicolasRoulier, General Manager at The Kings Arms Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Once again Congratulations to you both!
We are so grateful that you have chosen our Restaurant for this very special day and I am also glad you have enjoyed it; I will share your comments to our team which I know will be delighted.
Thank you very much and see you again very soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

We dine here at least 3 times a month! we are fussy diners and the reason we keep coming back is the quality food and excellent service. once you find somewhere that never disappoints it makes trying new places virtually impossible!! This venue is all about quality not quantity, you just know the kitchen staff care about the plates of food they send out. Sunday roast is superb!

Good afternoon Mark;

Thanks for choosing our Restaurant as one of your favourite, your feedback are fantastic for our establishment and our team.
Once again thank you and see you very soon.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Relaxing stay with lots of fun. Ozkan (ozy) made some seriously good cocktails and mocktails, the whole family enjoyed. Also had fun at the harbour hotel but the atmosphere at the kings arms was special.

NicolasRoulier, General Manager at The Kings Arms Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Brilliant Review, I will pass on to Ozy.
We are also so glad that your whole family enjoyed their time with us. Thank you.