“Want to Come Back Again... Soon!”
Review of Pedalabikeaway

Pedalabikeaway
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Cycling for all abilities in the Forest of Dean. Traffic free trails with bike hire, cafe, bike shop, and workshop. The trails at Pedalabikeaway include Family cycling, mountain biking and extreme downhill lines, providing something for everyone.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

As a keen off roader a visit to the FoD would not have been complete without a look in here! I was not disappointed! I had my teenage son with me who is not as experienced as me and I was a bit compromised but it was a holiday, so we parked up(reasonable parking charge) and set about the Family Trail, very easy and scenic, laddy boy found it easy, some climbs, nothing death defying. When back to base we had a play in the skills area and on the very good pump track where my son decided we would do the Verderer trail... Result! All went well and on arrival back to Cannop we looked around, café,shop all good, workshop on site , hire bikes. I will be back for the Downhills!

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"two hours"
"on site"

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Came up to the FOD for a coaching session with Katy Curd and I was throughly impressed.
Katy has an AMAZING ability to completely make you feel at ease and she explains things in simple terms not just “mtb”
It was an amazing day coaching with her and I hope to do more with her in the future.

The trails themselves are varied and have something for everyone. After my session finished - I returned to each section and did them again and again, confidently.

Great for riding solo or in groups.

I look forward to returning.

Take cash as you have to pay for car parking
Shop does nice food

Reviewed 6 June 2018

I love this place!

There's something here for everyone, from the kids just starting out on the family trail to the Hardcore mountainbikers chucking themselves down the hills and everything inbetween.

The cafe serves decent food, although the queue can be quite long it's worth the wait, the Wild Boar burger is definitely worth a try.

I have always found the staff to be helpful, from the shop to the hire centre and the mechanics seem to know their stuff.

Parking can be an issue, so get there early to ensure a spot near the centre.

Ian O, Owner at Pedalabikeaway, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Thanks for the kind words, hope to see you again soon. The best way to avoid lunchtime queues to to stop slightly early for lunch. The uplift vans stop at 12:30 so if you can get in around 12 it makes a big difference (and helps us out)
Thanks again

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

We visited with our children aged 7 and 9 during the Easter Holiday. We took the family trail which on the whole was an easy ride with some great downhill bits which the kids loved. I’d not ridden a bike in 20 years before this week and I struggled a little in some parts but that was due mainly to a long ride the day before more than anything. Keep a close eye out for the sign to the cycle centre on the way back as can be easy to miss as discovered by my partner who was almost off for round two !
We enjoyed drinks in the cafe at the end but sadly missed out on hot food by literally minutes (they stopped at 4pm and we tried to order at 4:02).
There are showers, toilets, bike wash and repair shop all on site as well as bike hire if you don’t have your own.
Well worth a visit if in the area!

1  Thank Ally R
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We have been coming to Cannop Valley mountain biking for some time and decided to have some coaching. We made contact on the Saturday and were booked in for a couple of hours on the Monday.

We met Gareth who took us out for two hours. He assessed our riding capabilities and had us sessioning a section of the red trail to practise the theory we had been taught. Having had coaching before I would say this was one of the best sessions we have ever had.

We were put at ease, corrected and demonstrated to in a manner that was comfortable and concise.

Top the above off with The Forest of Deans amazing Blue run, outstanding scenery and a cafe which is by far the best place to eat in the area and you really can’t go wrong.

We will definetly be back and a re already working out when we can come back for another coaching session....obviously having vastly improved!

1  Thank Andrew S
Ian O, Owner at Pedalabikeaway, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Thanks for the kind words, glad you had a great time....will pass on your comments to Gareth and buy him a beer.