US$212
Free cancellation until 29/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$88
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$101/night.

TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Reviews (1 295)
1 295 results
All reviewsestate grilltudor roomhunting lodgecoach housethe main houseafternoon teaitalian roomhistoric roomsbeautiful hotelstunning gardenshenry viiicocktail barsteeped in historymolton brown toiletriestithe barnsandwicheswindsor castle
20 - 25 of 1 295 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel last year whilst attending Royal Ascot and was delighted to stay there again this year. The hotel staff were excellent in all areas. Very friendly and helpful. The grounds are beautiful and obviously have great gardeners to keep it in such womdeful condition. We had a meal at the grill on the terrace by the lake which was a perfect setting. The service was a bit slow and also the service in the bar. We stayed in the Launday suite which was fantastic. A lovely bedroom with a settee and all the amenities with tea/coffee/chocolate and free mineral water. The bathroom was amazing. It was enormous. It had a shower, bath and two wash basins and a telephone. What did surprise me is there was a big flat screen TV in there built into the wall. I’ve never seen that anywhere before. It was good to be able to catch up on the news whilst having a wash. The air conditioning was not working in the bathroom and bedroom and it was very hot. I rang reception and someone was there immediately. They couldn’t repair it and didn’t know what the problem was so they went an brought a fan in but that didn’t work either so they went and got another one which was fine and made the room bearable. The staff were very efficient at dealing with this. But because the air conditioning wasn’t working the bathroom was like a sauna. But the rest of the hotel generally was lovely and I would have no doubt at all about staying there again and would highly recommend it.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for two nights as we were attending Royal Ascot and the entire experience was thoroughly enjoyable . The hotel itself is wonderful, as you would expect from a listed building, and the grounds are lovely. We had an evening meal in the Estate Grill, the food was excellent and the sommelier, Steve, was lovely. The staff are very attentive and friendly and there is plenty of choice at breakfast. All in all, a wonderful stay and would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited on Father’s Day and dined in the Estate Grill. Service on arrival was efficient, although I have to say it could be a bit more relaxed and friendly. We ordered starters and mains, two of us had the roast pork. The starters and drinks arrived in a timely manner and tasted lovely (goats cheese & beetroot). A few issues arrived when the mains arrived. Firstly there was no gravy (no gravy on a roast!) and when we asked the waiter said quite abruptly it would be an additional charge (!). When the gravy did arrive it was a tiny amount and more of a jus (not worth paying for). Secondly our son’s peppercorn sauce didn’t arrive with his steak and only came as he was half way through (frustrating). And why they don’t have salt and pepper is beyond me, surely this is about customer choice (probably dictated by the chef).
Whilst we enjoyed the afternoon and thank the team for offering free desserts for the confusion, I just sense the restaurant needs to relax a little.
We will return but felt the value for money on some dishes was not quite there

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank SimonC14SRD
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Yet again another stay at this beautiful hotel with exceptional service wonderful food and in an amazing setting. It really is an exceptional place to stay as we do each year for Royal Ascot. Many thanks to all the staff.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had afternoon tea at Great Fosters with two friends on the 16th June 2018 it was awful. For £ 32 each we received 15 finger sandwiches, a mixed selection of small cakes and 2 medium sized Victoria sponges, to be shared The bread was stale. The Darjeeling tea was cold and even with a strainer my cup had leaves of tea in the bottom. There was no hot water, we had to ask for more cream for the scones. I was ashamed to be there the staff were polite but appeared to be confused.
I compared this to the occasion about 4 years ago when I and 3 friends, had afternoon tea at Great Fosters, which cost £25 each, we had several platefuls of finger sandwiches a grater selection of small cakes and as many pots of tea we wanted of any and different teas. There was ample supply of hot water and cream for the scones.
Not a hotel I could recommend at the moment and I'm unlikely to return.
Bryan N. (Newcastle)