Reviews (1 530)
1 530 results
All reviews gin bar sea view antique lift traditional hotel parking space richardson group richardson hotels public rooms lovely hotel four poster bed short break public car park standard room dining room fowey estuary per night lovely break
481 - 486 of 1 530 reviews
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and I got married here in February. We returned tonight for a special meal. They went above and beyond. We had the best table in the restaurant with amazing views, a wedding gift & champagne, the food was dreamy and every sound, sight and smell took me right back to our fabulous wedding day. The Fowey Hotel, you will forever be our happy place. We can't wait to come back again soon.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lindsey C, Manager at The Fowey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2016

Dear Sophie C,

Thank you for you recent review.

I am so glad that you enjoyed your meal for your special celebration.

We were delighted to welcome you back and I will be sure to let the team know you had a lovely time.

Please do let myself or the team know when you will be visiting again as we will always ensure you are looked after.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2016

This was our second visit to Fowey but our first time to this hotel - we will definitely be back. From the moment we arrived we were treated like V.I.P's and the staff went out of their way to make our stay special. We arrived early but Morwenna informed us that our room would soon be ready and insisted on taking our luggage whilst we relaxed on the terrace. The view across the estuary is breathtaking, and the Fowey hotel has the enviable position of being just a short stroll to the center of this picturesque little port whilst retaining the panoramic views that other establishments can only dream of. I spent many happy hours just gazing out to sea, watching the boats bobbing on a blue sunlit canvas that evoked memories of magical childhood holidays in Cornwall.
I've often picked a hotel because of a well angled photograph that promised more than it could deliver, but in this instance any promotional material does not do the view justice, it has to be seen to be believed. I have travelled extensively across the globe, but I've rarely seen anything to match it.
You won't find glitz, polished chrome or standardised rooms here. The hotel is an old dame with refined style and unique character. Her façade may be a little dated but it only adds to her charm. Like the hotel, the food in the restaurant is not faddy or pretentious. The quality of the ingredients are showcased with simple recipes executed perfectly, and even during a busy breakfast service, everything was served piping hot and tasted utterly delicious.
No matter how beautiful a hotel is, its the people who work there that make a holiday special. Somehow the staff here have mastered the art of delivering the highest standards of service whilst making it seem effortless and enjoyable. Most of the staff are locals, keen to share their knowledge and love of the area, and a big thank you to Jason for the history lesson that brought the area to life.
We were booked to stay two nights, but my husband knew it was breaking my heart to leave, so surprised me with an extra night thanks to the help of Stacey and Morwenna on reception who made it all possible. Thank you ladies, you are angels! Everybody was friendly and helpful, but a special mention to Ben who makes the best G&T ever, and Blaine who helped turn dinner into a special occasion.
Don't even consider staying anywhere else if you visit Fowey, in fact, you should visit Fowey just to stay here. We cant wait to return

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ceilidhsmum

Dear ceilidhsmum,

Thank you for your review.

Feedback is always greatly appreciated and I have already passed on your comments to the team.

I cannot tell you how lovely it was to read through your review. Our staff are an absolute credit to the hotel and we are very proud of them. So this was really lovely to see that that are being made a fuss of by you our guest.

I couldn't agree more regarding our view. The outlook we have is amazing and we do not take it for granted for one moment. It is very easy to get lost in an afternoon and just gaze out to sea perfectly assisted by 30 plus Gins to keep you company!

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the food both at breakfast and dinner. Our chefs work very hard to not only give quality, local produce but variety and imagination to all dishes offered. We are continuously trying new things and cannot wait for your return for you to see what else is on offer.

Once again thank you so much for taking the time to feedback your experience.

If myself or one of the team can be of any assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact us on 01726 832551 option 0.

Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

This place is fantastic the food was fantastic and the staff so pleasant and helpful. The food was perfect size and we'll cooked and presented. We were seated with a view of the harbour breath taking.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Nicky M,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments to the team.

Our food, service and views will not be going anywhere so we hope to welcome you back for another visit very soon.

If myself or any of the team can be of any assiatance to you please contact us on 01726 832551 option 0.

Reviewed 2 July 2016

A wonderful second visit to this charming hotel.
Room with magnificent views of the estuary day and night.
Food was excellent, great choice. Staff very friendly.
Excellent location.
Look forward to our next stay.

Room tip: View of the estuary is more pricy but well worth it especially at night when all lit up.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lindsey C, Manager at The Fowey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2016

Dear Finley-boy,

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us and very excited that we get to welcome you back in the near future.

If myself or one of the team can be of any assiatnce with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact us on 01726 832551 option 0.

Kind reagrds,

Reviewed 1 July 2016

The hotel offers spectacular views. Staff very helpful and friendly. We really enjoyed our stay (and our dog Archie did too) being a dog friendly hotel didn't affect the cleanliness and we had a separate lounge so as not to disturb dog less guests....

Room tip: One facing the sea
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Lindsey C, Manager at The Fowey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2016

Dear sleebay.

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted that all 3 of you enjoyed your recent stay.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I do hope we get to welcome you back to The Fowey in the near future.

Please do not hesitate to contact myself or one of the team if we can be of any assistance to you on 01726 832551 option 0.