“The Dwelling Place”

Ranked #3 of 46 Restaurants in Fowey
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: The best Tearooms in Fowey. Ask Nigella Lawson she goes there.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Excellent tea room. Best scones in Cornwall. Quirky and friendly. Some of my family are vegan and they went and purchased a vegan loaf while we were there to make them a sandwich. Also had a vegan fruit cake which was delicious. Thoroughly recommend.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Super tea rooms with home made cakes and savouries and an extensive range of teas and coffees to satisfy the most discerning drinker . Charming outside seating area where I enjoyed a completely delicious high tea , fresh ,filling and fabulous 5* service from super friendly staff too .

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

We were advised to pop in here by a local establishment as our little girl was asking for an ‘egg’ at lunch.

A really quirky tea room that I think we have walked past numerous times over the the years. There was a great choice of food / cake. Staff were incredibly friendly & helpful and the food served was lovely. Probably one of the best cream teas I’ve had in Cornwall!

A great find and one not to be missed! Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

We stopped off here for an authentic, traditional cream tea experience.

There was a small wait; but it was an experience worth waiting for!

There was a very large selection of black tea, white tea and green tea to choose from for a little bit extra.

So I paid a little extra for my cream tea and chosen the Nepalese 'first flush' tea with my two scones which arrived warm from the on site oven; the scones were served with cream and raspberry jam.

My Wife had a pot of fairtrade tea with her two scones, along with cream and a portion of strawberry jam.

The scones were delicious and the serving staff were extremely friendly, taking the time to talk to our young children.

The tea room is tastefully decorated with an elegant upstairs toilet.

A positive experience, 5 star!

Would certainly visit again.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Visited here after having fond memories of the scones 7 years ago and I was not disappointed! Lovely little place, friendly staff and the best scones. Try to sit out in the garden as inside is v.hot