“Was ok!”

Add it.
Petite Delice
Ranked #149 of 298 Restaurants in Gateshead
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Popped in here for a quick snack; it wasn't busy being midweek. I ordered a cheese toastie and a coffee. The coffee was piping hot and not luke warm like other cafes I've visited, tasted nice too. Cheese toastie was rather flat (thin bread) and served with salad. It was alright, I didn't have any complaints. I did notice however, that the staff were rather miserable. Costs nowt to smile now and again.
I'd call again if passing.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Went here for an early lunch or late brunch. We all ordered the all day breakfast, mainly because the menu writing is so small even with my glasses on I struggled to make out other items. The breakfasts themselves were very nice, small portions of everything, but tasty. The biggest let down and my reason for 3 stars was the service. We asked for tea for 3 with the teabags left out as we prefer weak tea. The tea arrived with 3 bags in and a smaller pot of hot water. Even quickly scooping the teabags out the tea needed the full pot of hot water plus another. When I asked the waitress for the second pot of hot water, she actually turned and walked away while I was still talking to her. All the staff gave the impression we were intruding on their time and space. Needless to say we will not be returning. Had the food not been tasty it would have gotten 1 star.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

I honestly can’t personally understand the bad reviews of this place. I visit the Metrocentre regularly and I always pay a visit often taking my elderly nana who also loves it!

We’ve always been served promptly and with a very warm welcome from the manager, who is always friendly. I specifically remember taking both my Nana and Aunt in the summer, and after eating our meals and finishing our coffees, he sent us away with a bottle of water each. A small token to some maybe, but very sweet.

I ALWAYS have the all day breakfast. Its not the biggest breakfast in the world but if you want quality in a perfectly ample portion then this is ideal. Even better, you can see the chef cooking everything fresh through the counter back.

We are always served promptly and with a smile from all waiters/waitresses. Its a small establishment with things cooked fresh so you can expect a wait in very busy periods. But i’d far rather be sat in this pleasant and friendly environment waiting for a short time, than stood in the queue at a fast food restaurant!

Another, maybe irrelevant to some but worthy note, that I’ve met he manager’s little girl, and she is beyond adorable! It made the place feel like home and a real family environment.

I’ve seen a review saying that the cakes are from Costco. Well, quite frankly, I don’t know which Costco you shop at but whichever one it is - I need to know!! Wherever it’s from, they are delicious and always fresh!!

All I would say, not in at all a negative way but constructive, it would be lovely to see the staff come out of their shells a little more, and serve with a bit more confidence. They are not bad waiters/waitresses but in addition to your regular smiles, stand tall and serve like you’re proud of where you work - which you should be, as its a great little place.

See you soon for two latte’s and two breakfasts! :))

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

We found this place and thought hmm good for a quick snack and not too busy, maybe it was the 80s decor???

Well there was obviously a reason.

Ive always learned from experience that you can judge the quality of a restaurant by the quality of the menu and after being handed a few stained dog eared menus, I feared the worst.

However the food arrived reasonably quickly and was of acceptable quality (apart from the coffee which was watery)

This wasnt the reason for the 2 stars however.

The owner (an angry looking man with a moustache) was constantly pacing back and forth and the staff seemed very intimidated like Gordon Ramsey was observing and assessing the situation for correctional measures.

So if you fancy a toastie with a watery filter coffee while a cleary overbearing owner paces back and forwards, this is the place for you.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Decided to take two of my daughters for coffee and cake. Sign at the door said table service so we sat and sat no waitress! I went to the till only to be asked if everything was OK I pointed out that we hadn't been served but had been sat waiting. I was abruptly told that the waitress was on her own, I did say that if it was too much trouble I could go somewhere else.

The cake was a Victoria sponge from Costco and The coffee adequate.

To be honest don't waste your time pop along to Costa.