Lowest prices for your stay
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
FindHotelUS$133
Reviews (1 176)
1 176 results
All reviews metro centre leisure centre retail park steam room lovely hotel room was large reception staff plenty of parking stayed for one night metrocentre newcastle ikea
Selected filters
14 - 19 of 1 176 reviews
Reviewed 20 May 2021 via mobile

Next to the Metro centre. Nice friendly check in and covid safe. You have to book dinner and breakfast spots which is a bit painful but understandable. Rooms dated but clean, but food wifi and powerful shower. Good selection of toiletries and hot drinks. Thermostat overengineered. Gym is good apparently...Food in the restaurant was diabolical for the price, and hardly any beers available (they blamed covid but have had about 6 months to pre plan this). Overall average, but adequate for a night if not too bothered on a business stopover.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
16  Thank AdamBilgy
Laura Mather , Guest Services / Front Office at Newcastle Gateshead Marriott Hotel MetroCentre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2021

Dear AdamBilgy,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at the Newcastle Gateshead Marriott MetroCentre.

Firstly please accept my sincere apologies for your experience here with us at the MetroCentre Marriott. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction and I am sorry that we did not meet with your expectations on this occasion. I am sorry to hear of the issues you encountered and we are working to ensure this will not happen again.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Kindest Regards
Laura Mather
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 27 October 2020

Staff were delightful. Can't make up for rooms being ropey. Heating in both rooms not working so I sat in my coat. Internal phones to reception did not work either when tried to complain. Phoned on mobile. They did bring electric heater but it clicked all night which kept me awake. Downstairs bar and restaurant is fine. Reception said they were due a refurb of rooms and this has not happened so that explains it! If I'm honest, I'd book somewhere else next time, I'd perhaps go to Hilton or Jurys. Sorry Marriott, Ive stayed in 4 other Marriotts in Europe over the summer and that one night with you was not good in comparison.

Room tip: How funny you ask for a room tip...... book at different hotel if you want a good room!
Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank moshimonster_24
Laura Mather , Guest Services / Front Office at Newcastle Gateshead Marriott Hotel MetroCentre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2020

Dear Moshimonster_24

I was sorry to read that your heating and phones did not work in the room and that we were unable to send a maintenance technician to your room to resolve this at the time. I have reported this to our Maintenance team for resolution.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Kindest Regards
Laura Mather
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 27 September 2020 via mobile

Stayed for one night as a family of 2 adults & 2 children. Early check in no problem, comfortable room on fifth floor. Nice modern room with effective air conditioning. Good sized bathroom with power shower. Free parking for hotel guests.
Location is fabulous, two minute walk to retail park and five minute walk to Metro Centre. Had an enjoyable breakfast which was table service due to current climate. Was of a good quality and service was polite and courteous throughout.
Enjoyed a swim in the onsite swimming pool, had to book a time which was no problem. Requested a late check out and this was arranged with little fuss. Would have rated this hotel 4.5 stars if.possible and I would certainly stay again if I was in the area.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank kiddr2013

Dear Kiddr2013,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay with us here at the Newcastle Gateshead Marriott MetroCentre.

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay here and I will certainly pass on your feedback to all relevant departments and we look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again.

Reviewed 21 September 2020

I cant praise this hotel enough, from the friendliness and professionalism of the staff in all "front line departments ", the superb breakfast, excellent room service plus cleanliness, it was the uplift greatly needed after lock down. Its a great hotel for a shopping therapy break i.e. right next to the Metro Centre, but not to close to be worried about crowds. More importantly (for my age group in particular 60 plus) are the COVID-19 safety precautions, the hotel has went "over and above" in introducing a safety trail that puts you at ease immediately on arrival, other hotels I have stayed in since lock down finished need to send their mangers there for training. Big Thumbs UP

Room tip: Third floor end room was very quiet
Date of stay: September 2020

Dear Gordon S,

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us and felt the Covid safety in place is over and above, it is very important to us to keep our guests safe whilst enjoying their stay.

I will pass on your feedback to all relevant departments and we look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again in the near furture.

Reviewed 20 September 2020

Love this hotel, been visiting for over 20 years. Always a great friendly welcome when you arrive, plenty of safety measures in place to put you at ease. Spotlessley clean, and a lovely relaxed feeling throughout the place. Good sized room, very comfortable. Rooms at the back a bit quieter if that's what you want. Nice bar area with a good range of drinks on offer.Super healthclub, great pool area.
Overall a great stay, plenty of parking and a two minute walk to the Metrocentre. A pizza hut and a McDonald's next door for the kids.
Ideal location for everything really, highly recommend.

Room tip: Rooms at the back a bit quiter.
Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank Foster1965

Dear Foster1965,

It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and you were able to use all of our facilities in the hotel too!

We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again.