Lowest prices for your stay
R 4 752
Fully refundable before Sat, 16 Mar
Get rewarded with One Key
Reviews (1 536)
1 536 results
All reviews anderson gate gondwana collection buffet dinner main building bar area great view buffet style game drives water hole park etosha lodge sunset accommodation bush deck sundowners
Selected filters
14 - 19 of 1 536 reviews
Reviewed 10 July 2023 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights as part of a tour. It is a large lodge, with an expansive deck and restaurant area. The accomodation is individual buildings scattered across the ridge. You may have a long walk back to the main building, so I advise taking everything you need for the day with you to breakfast! There is strong wifi in the main lodge building and bar area but not in rooms obviously due to the isolated location. Breakfast and dinner were buffets, and had a wide selection for dinner with the menu changing the 2 nights I was there. The lodge is about 10 mins drive to the gate to Etosha so is a good spot to base yourself for exploring the park. Many of the staff were very friendly and helpful. The only negatives were the slow lunchtime service and finding it necessary to correct the bill at checkout (this was slow to resolve due to difficulty using the computer system). Apart from that, I enjoyed my stay here.

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 July 2023

I am a Gondwana card holder and this time around I decided to travel the northern part of Namibia. I booked 5 nights at Etosha safari lodge. Upon arrival the gentleman at the gate informed us that we are not on the list for check in. I had to provide proof of my booking in order to get to the reception area. Arrived at the reception and I was informed Gondwana head office made a mistake and only booked me from the next day. After handing them my printed booking they allocated me to room 14 but I must moved to room 10 the next day. I told them there is no way I am going to inconvenience myself I booked a month ahead of time. The breakfast is average and no service during breakfast I had to get my own coffee where others was served at their table. You are still eating and they are ready to clear your plate. I will not stay at this lodge next time I will rather book at Taleni.

Date of stay: June 2023
Reviewed 12 June 2023

Located in the beutfull view, Hot shower available 24hrs, room are clean and stuff are amaizing and friendly its one of the best hotel i have been stay in namibia i can definetly recomend this accomodation.

Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gondwana Collection Namibia, General Manager at Etosha Safari Lodge, Gondwana Collection Namibia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2023

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your positive review and for taking the time to provide feedback. We are delighted to hear that you had a positive experience with us at Gondwana Collection Namibia. We will convey your feedback to our team.

Kind regards

The Gondwana Team

Reviewed 2 May 2023 via mobile

Disappointing experience!

Let me start by saying that there is no wifi to be had at this property, except at main reception/restaurant building.

On arrival, we decided to have lunch at Gondwana, which was sadly underwhelming both in meal options and in taste.
On check-in we were not informed that breakfast is only served until 9am, so the next morning we arrived back at 10am after a game drive, only to discover that breakfast was no longer available— save for a few scraps of cold leftovers. Not only was that really disappointing, but also odd, as lodges in this price range standardly serve coffee and biscuits ahead of a game drive and then breakfast at leisure on
returning. Breakfast service that stops at 9am is unheard of. 🫤 After all one goes to a lodge to relax and rejuvenate, not to experience boot camp.
The chalets are pleasant enough and perched on a mountain slope with lovely views across the landscape below- sadly though, whether one is sitting on room’s terrace or at a restaurant table, there are trees entirely blocking the beautiful view-the selling point of this property. 🤔
The service is a mix of friendly folk and then those who are simply slow and unaccommodating/ apathetic.

I am not certain about other properties in the Gondwana range, but I would hesitate to recommend this one.

Date of stay: May 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gondwana Collection Namibia, General Manager at Etosha Safari Lodge, Gondwana Collection Namibia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2023

Dear Guest,

We understand your disappointment. It’s important to us that our customers are more than satisfied. We appreciate your comments regarding your stay. The matter is being addressed with the relevant parties.

Please allow us to express our apologies and rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

The Gondwana Team

Reviewed 29 March 2023

We stayed at the lodge for 2 nights and was feeling sad to leave on the third day. Beautiful setting in the bush with very comfortable rooms and your choice of no less than 3 swimming pools. We had the whole pool just for oursrlves for the entire morning being entertained by some mongoose.
We will most definitely return to the Etosha Safari Lodge. Another Gondwana success story.

Room tip: Just relax and enjoy.
Date of stay: March 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gondwana Collection Namibia, General Manager at Etosha Safari Lodge, Gondwana Collection Namibia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2023

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your feedback is immensely valuable! It was great having you here and we look forward to being your host again in the future.

Your Gondwana Team