Wool Merchant Hotel
US$84
US$125
The Imperial Crown Hotel(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$56
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
US$89
PremierInn.com
The New Hobbit(Sowerby Bridge)(Great Value!)
US$100
All reviewsbuffet styleon arrivaltown centretop floorcar parkwelcome drinkfree parkingbeansbiscuitswould stay againwater pressuregreat value for moneybreakfast was includedlady on receptionnice roomdouble roomquiet location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First and foremost the wool merchant was very cheap. Having said that it is showing signs of age and wear plus the cleanliness was a little lacking. the bed was fine and the bedclothes / towels clean but the toilet flush was erratic and the shower too low for a six - footer to stand under. There were stains on the carpet floor (not just one or two either) and I would expect any hotel to have their own carpet cleaner - a modern one will leave carpets virtually dry so no problem with the next guest having damp carpet. The breakfast was adequate, the location ideal for Halifax centre and once again it was VERY cheap.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband stayed here last night. It only cost £30 as was last minute. I don't know how much the hotel costs usually. He was supposed to stay there with his son but arrived too late.

He was in a triple room, in a single bed. The room was ok but behind the bed was loads of chewing gum and it was generally just I clean.

Breakfast was included in the price but he didn't want to stay for it.

It was £30 for the night, I don't think you can ask for much but expect it to be clean. Premier inn where he usually stays was not available.

My advice - just book premier inn or the travelodge.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Wool Merchant is perfectly placed to access anywhere in Halifax town by foot and easily accessible by car as well. There is adequate free parking right next to the hotel. Every member of staff that we saw was helpful, friendly, approachable and knowledgable about the area. The room was clean and fresh and well decorated. The en-suite was spotless and we had a choice of shower and bath. There was plenty of storage for clothes, we had clean towels daily and the room and surrounding hallways were pleasantly warm.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

To any one considering booking into this establishment , please be aware . I stayed here with my family for 1 night and the God's honest truth is I wouldn't return if I was paid too. If I won a free stay here I wouldn't insult anyone by giving it away .This place is filthy rotten and disgusting throughout . Im sure that environmental health would close it down if it was inspected . I could go into fine detail but it would take me all day , basically every room is filthy/rotten and ran down. Our bathroom was mould ridden with paint flaking off the walls there was dirt everywhere its a pokey little dump from top to bottom . Even the room where you get breakfast (wont call it a dining room) is filthy . I had to laugh at the kettle in the corner of the room which had a stained pint glass from the bar next to it full of cloudy water , oh that's there if you want to boil it yourself for a cuppa. I could genuinely go on and on about this place . And our complaints have been totally ignored no response what so ever . If you ignore this place and make a booking I urge you to come back here and give an honest review and tell me im wrong!!
room tip ? book premier inn up the road

Room Tip: book premier inn up the road
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hotel was clean, but the bedroom furniture was very tired and old fashioned. Carpets had been replaced, but other furnishings remained, so mismatched. Few mix ups at reception and had to wait for room to be sorted. Food basic but tasty and staff were very busy. Kept running out of things at breakfast and only normal toasters. some areas had been refurbished, but it needs some tlc.

Room Tip: furniture needs replacing or at least cleaned up and varnished.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family