“Wedding anniversary meal”
Review of Bay of Bengal

Bay of Bengal
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bay of Bengal a fine Indian food cuisine, with a daring thought, provoking styles in a sublime setting that oozes temptation. Our restaurant provides you with a fully licenced bar, and very friendly staff to help you choose, So why not pick up the phone and make the call right now. Free home delivery £12 or over
Reviewed 10 September 2021 via mobile

Holiday abroad cancelled due to covid so hit the south coast of England as an alternative. Looking for a restaurant to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary and with its many positive reviews the Bay of Bengal in Hayling Island was our selection and oh boy what a choice we made. For a start cleanliness 10/10 the staff were brilliant and their recommendation, having asked what my preferences were, was simply stunning. Tender lamb hit new heights this evening such tenderness can rarely have been achieved before. From starter to desert including a few Cobras everything was perfect. I only wish I wasn't on holiday here and lived round the corner as we would definitely be regulars. If you're in Hayling island and fancy a curry this is the place to go. Bon appetite

Date of visit: September 2021
1  Thank dean2905l
Write a reviewReviews (371)

Reviewed 2 September 2021 via mobile

Visited with my boyfriend as a last minute dinner reservation. The food was absolutely amazing and the staff were great too. Would definitely say it’s the best Indian food I’ve ever had, 100% recommend!

Date of visit: September 2021
Reviewed 22 August 2021 via mobile

Really enjoyed our vegetarian meals and great portion sizes not too much so we managed to eat everything. Staff very helpful and friendly but not overly so. Wish we'd found it earlier on our holiday.

Reviewed 21 August 2021

Went here while on holiday. The restaurant is smallish, we had a friendly welcome from the team. I highly recomend the Dhansak dishes. They were outstanding. Authentically sweet and fairly hot. Really delicious as were the mixed vegetable bhaji and Peshwari nan bread.
Truly the best flavoured curry we have had in years!

Reviewed 20 August 2021

I have visited the Bay of Bengal many times over the past few years and always found the staff very welcoming the food fresh and to my liking. I have been more regularly recently and must say the food is excellent. There is a good choice and recent Jalfrazi and Pathia dishes have prompted the review.
Really tasty and spicy (it can be more or less spicy per your taste)
All in all excellent food and excellent value