“Ladies that lunch”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Had a very nice meal chose the lunchtime menu plenty to choose and we all had two courses a drink and a coffee £17 each with a tip can’t be bad . They didn’t rush us and being four ladies there was plenty of chat .
It’s now on our list as good place to lunch at .

General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter Harlow, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Essexholidayqueen, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Miller & Carter Harlow! we cant wait to see you again soon for another great lunch, Thanks again for taking the time to leave us this information about your recent visit. Take care!
Regards Ross and the team

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Went here for my birthday on Friday 22nd June 2018. We were a party of 5.

It was quite packed for a Friday night but service times weren’t too affected, the only time we noticed we had to wait longer than the rest of the night was when they’d given us the dessert menu the wait for them to come back to take the order was a bit longer than expected but it’s understandable, it was really busy.

Anyway food was lovely we decided to skip starters and just go for mains so they fetched us out our wedges of lettuce at the point they would have done a starter so that’s something worth knowing if you aren’t starter people.

For main courses 4/5 of us had steak - it’s a steakhouse after all! The odd one out had cod & chips. Two of us (including myself) wanted our 8oz rump steaks rare (and boy did they deliver) the other 2 went with medium rare 12oz sirloins. I also had a side (instead of a starter) of Lobster Mac & Cheese which was delicious too and I went for beef dripping as my steak sauce which was lush.

To finish the night 2 of us had a dessert, can’t recall the official name of it but it was something like “Berry Meringue sorbet” which was strawberries, raspberries & blueberries served with a meringue a scoop of sorbet and a Rose & rhubarb curd - who needs to know the name if you know what was in it? It was very nice & a perfect end to a perfect evening and a great place for my birthday (last year of the 20s) treat so thank you very much Miller & Carter.

General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter Harlow, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Hi Adorablekitty08, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience, we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Miller & Carter Harlow! I know such a long and detailed experience will go such a long way with our training, the team love to be recognised so I will make sure we use this comments as best we can, Thanks again for taking the time to leave us this information about your recent visit. Take care!
Regards Ross and the team

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Visited this evening at 7.30pm with my wife but shouldn't have bothered.

Upon entry to the establishment my wife and I waited in line to have the people behind taken to their table by a waitress. When this was brought up by my wife, we were told they were regulars and were taken to their regular table.

This is bad service, at the worst it shows no consideration to other customers who wish to spend their money there.

The nibbles were very nice, but I can't say the same about my steak.

Seemed to be a long wait for our mains and the servers seem to be completely over worked and rushed off their feet.

I ordered the 50 day aged sirloin Angus, medium rare. It came out blue, seared and completely red throughout, with blood. Now I know a lot of people like this, so I thought I would give it a go.
It was very chewy and seemed to be very watery as well as bloody. Not what I was expecting at all. Like it had just been defrosted from the freezer. It was luke warm at best.

Aldi's 30 day aged sirloin steaks are so much more flavoursome and around £15 cheaper!!!

We also wanted sweet potato fries and were told they had run out, only for the people on the table next to us, who arrived after us to have sweet potato fries with their meal. WTF???

The saving grace for this place was the puddings which were very nice, service was with a smile and the waitress was very pleasant. Hence the 2 stars!

Will not be returning.

1  Thank Matt L

Hi Matt L, we regret to hear that you are displeased with your recent experience with us. I can only apologise about the situation on arrival and that is something we will defiantly look into, with the steak situation our staff are trained to do a check back after a minute or so to make sure your happy with your food, this could have dealt with the problem on the night. I can only apologise for the evening and hopefully you will give us another try so we can show you the excellence we can produce as a team at Miller and Carter Harlow.
Regards Ross

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Huge meals and just delicious!
Highly recommend the Angus Sirloin and don't worry about an entree!
Share if you'd like ...

General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter Harlow, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Hi Michelles2710, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! you clearly made a great choice with your steak, im sure you will be back soon to try another steak from our fantastic range. We hope to see you soon!
Regard Ross and the team

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Amazing evening last night.. the food was cooked perfectly i had med-rare fillet and it was very succulent and melted in my mouth... my partner had a medium fillet and for the first time was cooked spot on so well done harlow.. My server was Nicole very smiley blonde hair.. she provided a very good service and was happy to help. Good luck with your wedding Nicole. Will be recommending to friends and family.

Ktmax90, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience at Miller & Carter Harlow. Thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review! i will make sure nicole gets your message. have a great day and we hope to see you and your friends soon.
Reagrds Ross and the team