All reviews leisure facilities swimming pool steam room spa treatments sister hotel beauty room across the road pool table golfing weekend bit dated relaxing break sunday morning couldn't fault some tlc buffet breakfast waiting staff jocks bar
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Just back from a 2 night break at the Windlestrae in Kinross. Fantastic from the second we walked in. Staff were amazing. Every staff member we spoke to could not have been any nicer. Extremely helpful and attentive. From the reception staff to the breakfast room staff. Already booked to return. Well worth a visit. Our room was a twin room and was spotless. Large bath with over head shower. Perfect little break

Trip type: Travelled with family
GreenManager, Guest Relations Manager at Windlestrae Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Thanks for your feedback Mary M, we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much you have booked to return already. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

I visited last weekend and used the bar after midnight ... therefore the alcohol we bought was put on my card. When I checked out I was told I had a £65 bill which was correct so I would have this taken off my card. Here’s the problem — 3 days after checking out there was a £65 came out my bank and also a £40 charge . I phoned and spoke to Cindy on the other end... she assured me and told this was a mistake on their part and I would be refunded via my bank . 5 days later still nothing . £40 out of pocket . Absolutely useless and amateurish.. don’t even get me started on the service in the restaurant . 3 course meal over 2 hours we were in there, and the service at the bar - awful ! Not enough staff , the barman was juggling jobs between the bar and kitchen . As for the pints of lager with no life in them at £3.95. Like piss water. Best avoiding the place it’s went downhill in the last few years .

Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank mikel812018

So sorry to hear of your disappointment mikel812018. Glad to note that the mix up with your bill was sorted, sadly some banks can take longer to process refunds than others, so hope all is sorted now. Not clear if you had made the team aware of the issue with the lager, this could have been quickly put right at the time.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Spent one night at the hotel. Lynsey was so welcoming and quickly sorted out the one issue I had as managed to trip the room electrics. Both staff made a fuss of my dog which was so refreshing to see. I missed breakfast (my own fault), but Lynsey offered to either make me something or see if the kitchen was opened. I declined but her thoughtful gesture was very much appreciated. She and the chap that works at leisure are a credit to the hotel. The bed was super comfy and had no issues with tv etc.

The only thing I didn’t like was i personally prefer a bath to a shower but the bathroom was spotless as was the room. The sound proofing between bedrooms isn’t that great and it would be good to have some doggy bins around the hotel.

The hotel itself could do with some refreshing up but overall I had a great stay and would stay again

Trip type: Travelled solo

Thanks for sharing your comments with us lora9919. We are so very pleased to hear that yourself and your pooch had a great stay. Sorry that a few areas fell short for you, but we hope it's not too long before we see you again.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner wanted a weekend away so we chose kinross and picked out windlestrae, staff were nice and polite and helped out when our room had no electric, room was big enough and comfortable, lovely bathroom but there was a few problems we did encounter on, bath was very dirty at the drain in the bath, the shower stand was broken and while having a warm/hot shower the water would gurgle then turn cold then back to hot, could not adjust the heating for the room but overall we would go back to the hotel again

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your feedback subarudude228, sorry to hear of the issues you had, the team are looking in to these, but lovely to note that they didn't marr your enjoyment. We hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Having been gifted 2 nights dinner bed and breakfast we chose The Windlestrae as we'd stayed there before the association with The Green hotel and we loved it. Sadly this visit was disappointing on a few levels. . . Our room was overlooking the roof of the leisure centre, which was slightly disappointing but we didn't feel we wanted to complain. On settling in we discovered the window still was thick with dust which we choose to overlook too - we do not normally make a fuss. However I did have to go to reception to ask about hotel facilities as no welcome letter /pack in room. Beyond disappointed with the evening dinner on offer at Jock's Bar and especially when we discovered that our voucher only covered food and as we only had a main course each we had relinquished the balance of £30 as this was only on offer for our first night.
We were quite annoyed knowing our daughter had wasted hard earned money.
The breakfast at the Windlestrae was absolutely faultless and it's just such a shame their own restaurant is not available for dinner.
Sadly we will not be rushing back and will definitely not be in Jock's Bar again.

Room tip: Any room which is not too your liking should be queried with reception
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GreenManager, Guest Relations Manager at Windlestrae Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback Wendy F, sorry to hear of your disappointment, the team would have appreciated the chance to put things right for you had they been made aware. There are often restrictions attached to voucher offers and it seems this may have been the case on this occasion. We hope this won't deter you from a future stay.