This cottage was the most wonderful surprise. The location couldn't have been better, situated just a few steps from the main shopping part of Lerwick and a short walk to the Shetland Folk Festival venues. The cottage is really well-equipped and comfortable, and could easily accommodate three couples. A real home away from home, I would definitely stay here again and would recommend highly to anyone planning a visit to Shetland.
- Location, location, location! The property is literally just a few steps away from Commercial St.
- From the kitchen, there's a very nice view of the harbour and over to Bressay. Perfect for viewing the cruise ships that anchor at Lerwick.
- There are several skylights in the kitchen, dining and living areas, bringing in lots of light.
- There's a free car park very close to the house.
- Dilys will take you on a thorough tour of the house when you arrive and answer any questions you may have.
- The house is on two levels, so it would not be appropriate for those with mobility problems.
- The house was remodelled just recently. There are a few finishing touches still required, such as the stair railing and cooking implements. (Those items may even be corrected by now.)
- The furnishings and decorations are wildly eclectic, perhaps not to everyone's taste.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|