“Tirrick was terrific!”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Well equiped apartment-Freeview TV with bulit in DVD
Free wifi
Dishwasher& Washerdryer
Very clean & welcoming
Local bottle of beer, biscuits and pint of milk were a nice touch

We found bed too soft but I undertand this is a very subjective thing and also because it doesn't go dark at this time of year you have to put a peice of hardboard up to the Velux window- this fell down 3 times during our stay- woke me with a start-it's not so relaxing going to bed thinking about a peice of hardboard falling on you!
However we'd go again because all the benefits outway this.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Home from Home feel
Liked least: The bed!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
22 Jun 2013
Thank you Melissa for your review. We missed you, when we popped up to say goodbye, and were so vexed that the board fell on you in the night - and would have come and fixed it for you right away if we had known. Steve has now altered the fittings so that when you slide the board in, the fittings hold the board more securely in place - it will not fall again.
We are pleased you so many birds - 54 in all! Thank you for taking the time to list them in the Guests Book, and I think you were quite lucky with the weather too!
We do hope to see you again sometime - remember that you get a 10% discount on accommodation if you come back to stay with us within 3 years. Wishing you both a wonderful summer ahead - with many more bird sightings......
Gillian & Steve :-)
Whalsay.
Reviewed 4 February 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
4 Feb 2013
Thank you Catherine, it was good to have you all to stay. Hope you had a fine time 'in toon'. ;-)
Aberdeen
Reviewed 25 January 2013 for a stay in January 2013

A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
25 Jan 2013
Hi Kate, Thank you for your kind review, we are glad that Tirrick ticked all your boxes - especially when travelling away from home to work. Hopefully we shall see you again. Thanks, Gillian and Steve.
Nairn
Reviewed 13 December 2012 for a stay in December 2012

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
13 Dec 2012
Thank you Matt. We are so glad that you found Tirrick to your liking. I particularly liked your comment - on departure - regarding Steves beard, his contribution to Up Helly Aa 2013! I am counting the days to its removal! It will be great to have you back again to stay, and hopefully it will feel like 'home' when you have be away through work. Thank You :-)
Scotland
Reviewed 4 August 2012 for a stay in July 2012

Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing