“Birthday gathering”

Ranked #68 of 275 Restaurants in Loughborough
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Ring O Bells is part of the Greene King Local Pubs brand. Our pubs are high-energy, upbeat and focused on providing quality food, local ales and fine wine. Whether you’re a nearby resident or a tourist enjoying a day out, our pubs are welcome pit stops for anyone who enjoys a refreshing pint of real ale and freshly prepared food in a friendly and lively atmosphere.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Don't ask for a mixed grill when asked how would like the meat cooked said steak rare ,It arrived like shoe leather over cooked They swapped steak but not full meal after we took it back to the bar no staff was complain to .When steak replaced we were asked everything ok? to our reply we won't be coming back the member of Staff flippant young slim dark haired camp guy couldn't give a toss attitude said dosnt matter to me.
Music was loud a lot of children running around. very poorly managed.

1  Thank gary k
Tarakimberly, General Manager at Ring O Bells, Greene King, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Gary

We're very sorry to hear about your most recent visit, please would you email me at 6850@greeneking.co.uk so I can look into this further.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Too noisy. Music far too loud. Out of control kids.
Had the mixed grill. Ordered rare and got rubber. Salad wasn't fresh. Not impressed. Left feeling stressed. Won't return.

1  Thank Gregg S

Hi Gregg

We're worry to hear about your most recent visit, please feel free to email me on 6850@greeneking.co.uk and we would be happy to look into this further for you.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

We used to visit this pub when it was a Flaming Grills (still Greene King) pub. The pub has been resurrected as The Ring O'Bells with a similar menu to the Flaming Grills menu , but with prices higher and in some cases the portion sizes smaller. As we only had 4 meals (two of which were Gammon) we can't comment on all of the dishes though. I had Chicken Fajitas, and whilst there was an ample portion of fried chicken, the authentic Fajita taste was not there, no herbs or spices had been added to the chicken, just a very small quantity of onion and a similar small amount of peppers. The dish relied on the two dips that were provided for the flavour, but they should be provided anyway. I had chocolate fudge cake for dessert, which was surprisingly a large portion in comparison to the chocolate Torte that was also ordered. The deal for two main meals for £8-99 is now priced at £10-99 and steaks have gone up by up to £4 per dish. The atmosphere was not much different to the Flaming Grills, and the staff were their usual helpful selves, so no problem there. The total bill including drinks was £81 for four people. There were no vouchers available as with the old Flaming Grills, so we paid full price. Maybe we will find somewhere else to go on Wednesday nights - this pub was part of the 4 or 5 restaurants/pubs that we visit in a rota, but others do give better value now.

1  Thank Brian J

Hi Brian

We would firstly like to thank you for your feedback as it is something we take very seriously. We are glad that you enjoyed most of your meals, we will pass your comments onto the chefs with regards to the fajitas. With the pricing unfortunately that was out of my hands and was a decision made by the brewery. I have however forwarded them the customer feed back received and we are looking into dropping the price back down to two for £9.99, we are also bringing back Carlsberg and Coors light to bring some value back into the drinks range to balance out the premium offers.

We are also looking at some other deals to run throughout the week, such as buy one get one free desserts on a Wednesday, 10% off for NHS staff members and also two steaks and a bottle of wine deal. We are hoping to introduce these by September. Hope you will keep an eye out for changes and visit us again in the nearby future.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

My pork was cold (frozen) on one side way too much pepper corn on says nothing about peppered pork belly on menu looked like a boil in the bag missing food 2 sausage and onion rings on mixed grills kids pizza looked like a microwaved pizza hunters chicken dry and reheated forgot one of the mixed grills so had to wait again WILL NOTGO AGAIN WAY NICER FOOD WHEN IT WAS THE FLAMING GRILL staff was nice though.

1  Thank amandapollard2376
Tarakimberly, General Manager at Ring O Bells, Greene King, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Hi Amanda,

I'm really sorry to see this review. It was myself on duty last night and we profusely apologised for the mishap. The pork belly issue was rectified immediately, and you did explain it was the gravy that was peppery. Next time we would be happy to do it without for you. Also there was only a small delay for the missing mixed grill, which we paid for as you where not charged and we did also get the lady a complimentary glass of wine.

The young lady with the pizza also stopped me when I was serving to say her meal was delicious so I apologise if this was not the case. I also checked back all meals twice, once for the entirety of the table and also specifically to the lady who's meal was missed at order point, and each time I was not made aware of any issues until the end of your meals.

We are sorry you left feeling this way, but I do feel we did everything in our power to rectify any issues that where raised at the time.

If you would still like to discuss this further, please feel free to give me a call.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

As regular diner at the flaming grill decided to try the newly furnished and new version run by Greene King ,to put it mildly I wish I had not bothered. In general the place is very much the same but has a much lighter and spacious feel about it. The bar area is in serious need of bar staff that have a clue in what they are doing, to greet a customer with "yes chap what can I get you" sorry I am not a snob but surely you can do better than that, when asking about the steak night offer which is still advertised I was told that was this offer on the Flaming grill site and not on the Greene King site, you got it it wrong it was on all Green King sites.
The steaks were terrible very similar to cardboard, spent most of the evening fighting off the flies, and balancing the table, sauces and condiments are rationed out, and service is poor, and a fat bill to go with it.

1  Thank simplybest1
Rebecca L, Guest Relations Manager at Ring O Bells, Greene King, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Hi there

Thank you very much for your feedback. We're sorry you didn't entirely enjoy your visit. We are working very hard with head office to remove these deals that associate us as still being a flaming grill, and apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. We are not newly run by Greene King, as they also look after the flaming grill brand as well and have done for a few years. We will feedback to the team about how you are greeted as they are still in training as we have only been open for ten days and still run regular training sessions with the team, we agree this is not proper practice.

With regards to the steaks, we have not changed suppliers, so if there is an issue, we will happily look into this for you. Most of the changed made are the way we do things/present things, like with the sauces, we will supply people to their hearts consent, we just do this with pots rather than bottles.

If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to email us at 6850@greeneking.co.uk

Management