“LUNCH FOR A FIVER”

Ranked #69 of 192 Restaurants in Lowestoft
Cuisines: British, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Beefeater opened their doors back in 1974, and were driven by a passion for glorious steak. Mouth-watering cuts at mouth-watering prices was their motto. Reassuringly nothing's changed, these things still drive them today and they always will. Beefeater believe in two things, a warm friendly welcome and serving incredible steak that you can kick back, relax and enjoy. Just down the road from Norwich is the most easterley Beefeater in the UK. Make sure to call in, whether you're visiting Pleasurewood Hills, Great Yarmouth or the tranquil Norfolk Broads
Reviewed 28 June 2018

very reasonable meal had lunch for fiver. very friendly waitress michelle looked after us Meal very good for the price..

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Stayed at the adjacent Premier Inn. Through their reception booked two breakfasts and two meal deals(breakfast and dinner), over a four night stay. The Beefeater had no record of me purchasing the first breakfast. After producing my receipt was able to have breakfast. Very uncomfortable as it was a free for all to find a seat and at no time was an order for a cooked breakfast taken. Busy and there appeared to be only one lad who had to tick people in to breakfast, take orders, serve and clear up. Little of the latter. Supplies on the help yourself were running out. Someone did appear but did not keep up. Clear lack of staffing and organisation, infact no clear management. Saturday was so very much better for both meals and my waitress for dinner Sonja was great. On Sunday dinner again they had no booking for me. I went back to Premier reception who came back with me to the Beefeater to confirm a booking had been made. However, they were fully booked as it was Fathers Day. Did manage to eat in the bar though the sirloin steak I had was poor. Breakfast on Sunday and Monday great. I know this place is always busy and you can allow for this to some extent, but systems, processes and management clearly need improving. I also was not sure about the computer interface between the Beefeater and Premier Inn. The latter seemed to have table availability for Sunday dinner but the Beefeater didn't!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We went for Sunday breakfast and found that it was so busy that we wanted to leave. You could not get to the drinks or the continental breakfast area. It is so badly designed that if a couple of people are making coffee (from the pump action vacuum flasks) you can't get to anything. There were rows upon rows of people with children (bless them) trying to get some breakfast.
The cooked breakfast was fine, no complaints, but I would not recommend going here on a Sunday morning and I would also note there are a lot of steps in this restaurant. I mean a lot of steps and this made it difficult for elderly members of our party who were basically confided to the table and were not able to get to the buffet area for drinks or continental breakfast.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Went here with some friends on a Saturday night for a meal and a few drinks. The quality of the food was shocking compared to when we last went at Xmas. Th doe portion sizes as well were really tiny and not good value for money. I had a prawn cocktail starter, which had barely a spoonful of prawns in. The waitress was very pleasant but the whole place seemed to be under staffed. After our meal we went to the bar for a drink but gave up waiting to be served. Shame as we used to enjoy coming here. Let’s hope things turn around.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

I have visited the Foxborough for a meal on many occasions . The food has always been excellent . The staff have always been polite and helpful . Michelle the lady who usually serve us is brilliant .