Hotels.com
Priceline
All reviews homemade muffins wonderful hosts home from home lovely couple stayed two nights lovely lounge nothing is too much trouble excellent breakfast lovely warm welcome full english room was spotlessly clean short stay family room b and b little gem little touches excellent stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 January 2019 via mobile

I don’t normally write reviews about places I stay at, but I just HAD to after staying at The Gaydon. Out of all my hotel and B&B experiences, this has been the best I’ve ever had. I had the most incredible time staying at this 1st class B&B!!! I was searching for areas to stay at across England and came across lovely Lytham St. Anne’s- the neighborhood for The Gaydon B&B. It looked like a fun location but I went in not knowing what to expect, wow did I choose right!!

Upon arrival, I met Keith and Kate (the owners). And I’ll tell you this, I’ve never met more kind, thoughtful, caring and informative hosts! These two will introduce you to the lounge and dining area (all for use by guests and sparkling clean with board games, tv for use, etc) and bring you to your room. My room was crazy clean, spacious, well decorated, with some incredible art work from across the world. The time and effort that has gone into the ‘little things’ across the B&B is really what struck me. They personalized my greeting note with my name, and let me know about all the exciting attractions, best restaurants, and outdoor activities (fantastic recommendations I can attest for as I did try them out!).

The bed was very comfy and warm, it made me want to stay sleeping all day ha! Too bad there’s too many fun activities around Lytham St. Anne’s to get you out of bed. The Tv in my room reached a lot of channels as well, more than the usual.

I also need to talk about the BREAKFAST.... wow. The owner Keith serves you in the very cute dining room, while Kate cooks up the food in the kitchen... it is hands down the best English Breakfast I’ve ever had. Beautiful quality food and these two have vegetarian options as well, and happy to make any modification or allergy requests. They truly care about your experience and are great people to chat to before you start your day.

Towels were replaced each day, beautiful clean sheets, warm and inviting atmosphere, tons of shopping, restaurants, golfing, activities, and a great price. What else can you ask for?! Thank you Keith and Kate for making my vacation one of the best I’ve ever had.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Samanthaprice
TheGaydon, Owner at The Gaydon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2019

Hello Samanthaprice,

Many thanks for your review and we are both so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and in our lovely area of Lytham St Anne's.

Kind regards Keith & Kate

Reviewed 3 January 2019

Stayed here on New Years Eve for one night. Wishing it had been for longer. Arrived at the hotel to be welcomed by hosts Keith and Kate. Throughout our stay their hospitality was second to none. We wanted for nothing everything was catered for. Spotless room with a very comfortable double bed. Delicious hot cooked breakfast ! Will definitely be returning.

1  Thank Stasia S
TheGaydon, Owner at The Gaydon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2019

Dear Stasia2013,

many thanks for your review and we both look forward to welcoming you back to The Gaydon soon.
Kind regards Keith & Kate

Reviewed 21 December 2018

Visited St Annes for a weekend, stayed at the Gaydon, a lovely warm welcome from Keith and kate. We stayed in room 1, lovely large room, spotlessly clean throughout. Huge comfy bed. Really nice bathroom. Breakfast was so well presented and so tasty. I can't recommend the Gaydon highly enough, impossible to fault. We will be returning.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TheGaydon, Owner at The Gaydon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2018

Dear Steve,
many thanks for your review and we both look forward to welcoming you back again to The Gaydon soon.
Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year , Kind regards Keith & Kate.

Reviewed 15 December 2018

Thoughtful quality is our summary of the Gaydon. The atmosphere is so relaxed and friendly, and our room was very comfortable and spacious, loved the furnishings, made the place feel that little bit more special. Full English breakfast, well cooked, and nothing too much trouble for the hosts. We will be back, thank you for a lovely relaxing break.

Date of stay: November 2018
1  Thank Marc B
Reviewed 9 December 2018

We picked this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews and it was everything people have said. Everything oozes class. The whole hotel is beautifully and tastefully decorated. The hosts are delightful. The breakfast was delicious and our room was superb. One of the very best!