“Lovely Easter Treat”
Review of Quirky Tea Room

Quirky Tea Room
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Decided to pay Quirky Tea Room a visit for a family treat on Easter Monday. Daughter had the unicorn afternoon tea which she loved whilst we opted for the delicious Easter special afternoon tea. Glad I booked as it's a popular spot and there were a few people that unfortunately had to be turned away.

1  Thank Designerange

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I'd wanted to go to Quirky's for ages, but only found out this morning that hubby had booked us in for Mothers Day. We had 3 tiers of sandwiches, cakes and crips and my son had a large plate to himself. The food and cakes were lovely ave we had plenty. In fact we ended up bringing cakes home as we were full.
It's a lovely atmosphere and very clean ave the staff were friendly. It's a little cramped, but it is very small.
We loved it and I have promised I will take my son again for crepes.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

My first visit, our daughter has been before, and I nominated for afternoon tea ... was fabulous I'm a fussy vegi so they swapped items for me... hot soup was lovely, fresh sandwiches and ooodles of sweet treats.. too many had to take some home, the hot food looked great .. will be going back for panini's... we also bought some of the fab cakes and cooked on offer .... excellent service on a busy Saturday ... well worth a visit shop was full... worth booking if for an occasion ... a little gem

1  Thank Ilovethestates
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Popped in here for some after tea. Apart from forgetting an order and charging us for the wrong items it was just mediocre- sorry.

2  Thank WENDILL
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Went during the Christmas holidays and really enjoyed our visit. Hubby and I shared the afternoon tea and swapping out strawberry jam wasn't a problem and daughter was taken by the kids afternoon tea.
Having a mummy/daughter day and daughter asked to go for lunch, due to only having a few tables decided to book again. We arrived early but not a problem as our table was ready ordered and lunch arrived, food just as nice as last time.
Being lunchtime various people came in and with some shuffling about they all got seated. Great for the tearoom but put a bit of a damper on our visit.
We had finished our main and were sat discussing cakes when staff moved a reserved sign from a table to ours for 15 minutes time as it was another table left and the reserved sign was moved back to the first table it was on. But by then felt we had overstayed our welcome (had been in less than 30mins). Was going to get a fancy unicorn hot chocolate as a surprise for daughter to go with the unicorn cookie she had picked but knew it would take a while for her to drink with it being a hot drink and I was going to have crepes but would take time to be made. As the sign had been put (but then removed) from our table felt that we couldn't stop long enough to enjoy hot chocolates with our cakes or wait for crepes to be made so just ordered cakes, ate them quickly and left.
Suspect the member of staff hadn't even thought how her actions could be interpreted. She just saw empty plates and thought we were going didnt ask if we were finished /want anything else or communicate with me in anyway, other than putting the sign on the table showing that she wanted us out in less than 15mins. If it wasn't for the fact daughter had picked to go based on the cakes would of left without ordering cakes and got some elsewhere to eat at home.

2  Thank GreenoceanP
cwoody_13, Owner at Quirky Tea Room, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

Thankyou for your review.
I apologise for you feeling rushed... we are getting extremely busy now at weekends ... so we are glad you booked a table and we normally allow approx 90 mins per booking.
I will talk to my front of house staff about this issue so it doesn’t happen again.
Please accept my apology and we hope you can visit again to try our unicorn hot chocolate .... please message me before your arrival and I will arrange a table for you and complimentary drink