“San Giorgio Welcome!”

San Giorgio Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #8 of 82 Restaurants in Oakham
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A little taste of Italy in Rutland! Authentic Italian cuisine in the heart of Oakham, San Giorgio offers a truly wonderful menu in a great atmosphere! Open for lunch and dinner and using only the finest ingredients to craft each dish we ensure that your every need is taken care of. You are sure to have a great experience at San Giorgio.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Firstly a friendly and warm welcome, despite having no reservation, the waiter couldn't have been more polite, friendly and welcoming. Immediately showed us to a lovely corner table, served bread with a shared platter starter followed by a chicken main course.
Food: Delicious
Welcome: Perfect
Price: Reasonable
Charger: Waiter very kindly charged our Apple I Phone whilst we ate.
All the above helped to create a very pleasant evening experience at San Giorgio's.

We will definitely visit again and can recommend that anyone visiting Oakham who needs a simple but delicious Itallian Meal would also visit.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

After reading such great reviews I was really looking forward to bringing my family to this restaurant.
I don’t know if we just had bad luck but our food was awful.
My Pizza dough was so dry and tasted of stale bread, no herbs, was so tasteless.
My husband had a pizza with meats and mushroom, his was the opposite, sloppy and unpleasant to eat.
The portion of chips was so small!! We aren’t big eaters, but was still a tiny amount, £8 for a handful of chips!
If felt like there was a cut back on ingredients for the same price.
What a shame

2  Thank alisonloughton73
Reviewed 28 May 2018

We had a lovely lunch here before a visit to Rutland Water. The food was beautiful and the prices decent. Service was great, the owner/waiter was attentive and helpful, very polite and friendly. We will be returning soon!

1  Thank Julie M
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely meal there with our young family, the food was excellent as usual and the staff are always happy to help.. would recommend highly.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

We ate here for our 25th wedding anniversary and had a great experience. I had the chilli prawn linguini and my partner had the artichoke salad. Recommended