“Fantastic breakfast”

Woods of Whitchurch
Ranked #3 of 12 Shopping in Ross-on-Wye
More attraction details
Owner description: Tucked into the Herefordshire countryside, this is a little shop with a lot to offer. Whether you visit us for coffee and cake or to do your shopping you'll always receive service with a smile. We opened in 2011 and business has continued to flourish thanks to the fantastic support of our local communities. No doubt it's also down to the irrepressible inventiveness of Shop Owner Lucy Gardner. Thanks to her we now offer a great range of products and services from the basic to the outright extravagant and our team always works hard to give a little something extra to our customers.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

One of the best veggie breakfasts I’ve ever had - haloumi, mushrooms, spinach, veggies sausages and all cooked really well.

1  Thank Stephen M
"stock"
in 3 reviews
"browse"

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped off our walk to buy some provisions and ended up having a wonderful lunch in the cafe. Service was outstanding. We finished off our visit buying the provisions we originally went in for.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

What a find!! Stopped off with the family for food. We ordered sandwiches, a couple bowls of chips, drinks. Let’s one thing straight if you’re after cheap food
go to a Whetherspoons, however, if you want fresh good homemade food this is your stop. There is a range of sandwiches, potatoes, breakfast, fresh leaf tea, hot chocolates, coffees & the cakes!!!!! The whole place is quaint, with a shop downstairs, you can buy cakes, cheeses, breads.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We originally got to the village shop looking for Syrups - as the shop is listed as one of the few suppliers in the area. Above the shop is a teashop and cafe, run by very friendly people who were happy to leave us to decide for ourselves. Good selection of teas, very good selection of daily events for each day of the week, and a good choice of foods. Let down a bit by a downstairs cooking and food preparation area, which meant that at times there was nobody upstairs in charge while food was being collected and brought up. Depite that small point, we will definitely go again, well worth supporting.

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Visited the cafe for the second time in a matter of a month or so and the first time round didn't wow me either. Me and my friend came in and sat ourselves down while the lady was serving a bigger table. Another couple walked in and sat down and expected to be served next seeing as we came in next, but it didn't happen. The lady served the couple before us and gave them what they ordered, she finally came over to us. My friend ordered first and that went fine, however when it came to me, she misunderstood everything. I asked for a hot chocolate and she thought I was on about their full english breakfast, then I asked for a scone with jam and clotted cream and she responded quite bluntly that it only comes with butter or jam and cream so I politely asked what type of cream it comes with despite already asking for what I wanted and she replied with clotted, this is exactly what I was trying to order but it honestly felt as though she did not wanna be there and she was definitely not listening to me.

Nice place though, but a bit expensive. Members of staff really do need some customer service training as it's not the first time I've had bad service here. I gave it a chance seeing as it was local, but it's such a shame.