“Dined here twice. The food is excellent.”

Glewstone Court Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 98 Restaurants in Ross-on-Wye
Price range: US$18 - US$51
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Glewstone Court Restaurant is a 2 AA rosette restaurant within the Glewstone Court Country House serving traditional British and European cuisine. Dress code is smart casual and it is recommended that you make a reservation.
Reviewed 10 October 2018

Dined here twice. The food is excellent. I had the lamb and the lemon sole on the two different nights of my stay and both were perfect. with excellent flavours. Service is top class and I was made very welcome, both in the bar waiting for my meal to be cooked and in the lovely restaurant.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

We first visited Glewstone about a year ago on a complete off chance, last minute decision. Since then we've been back three times, taken friends and recommended to others as a lovely place with great food and service - and yet seemingly not as popular as it perhaps should be.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

We had an enjoyable lunch, good food, well presented in an attractive setting, the service was attentive and approachable without being over familiar. Coffee afterwards in the lounge was very pleasant, always nice to have an open fire.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

.. whilst not exactly Oliver Twist, I feel our visit must have been on an off day for the Chef.
Our first visit to Glewstone, for a booked lunch on a special occasion, and eagerly anticipated by the nature of recent reviews.
Staff were very friendly and efficient, the setting and dining room lovely.
My husband chose the soup and chicken - both pronounced delicious and good portions.
I chose the goats cheese salad and sole on parmentier potatoes.
The starter was delicious despite the rather meagre portion of goats cheese, maybe two thimbleful in total.
My main course on arrival was, to say the least, rather a sight to behold. Three tiny pieces of sole, shaped like a fillet, each the size of a small fishfinger but without the coating! Minus the skin, the portion would have been scant for a starter let alone a main course. But the main reason for wonder was without doubt the accompaniment. The potatoes were, without exception tiny, black, charred cubes. Both waitresses saw my plate - and reacted with a look of shock and “oh dears” !
I was offered a complete replacement meal, but as my husband had started his, I didn’t want our celebratory meal to be thus disrupted. A replacement portion of potatoes was brought to the table.
How could the Chef have actually viewed this meal as fit to serve?
No offer of a price adjustment or complementary dessert or coffee was offered, so the conclusion has to be on that day at least, very poor customer service.

1  Thank WorcesterSource7
Reviewed 6 September 2018

Went with family for a birthday and had an almost private dining room at the back of the building. The staff were all very attentive and calm and collected with young children being toddlers! Meat was lovely and pink and the puddings also were very tasty. They made us all feel very welcome.