US$279
US$265
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$311/night.

US$153
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Reviews (1 365)
1 365 results
All reviewsestuary viewcomplimentary gin and sherrywelcome drinklighting systemcinema roomon arrivallovely hotelwhite company toiletrieslittle touchescar parksteam roomcrabstunning locationcoffee machinelovely roomrestaurant staffout of season
47 - 52 of 1 365 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a night for our fourth wedding anniversary. The room was beautiful and the views are lovely. Unfortunately small things really let this hotel down. We were offered a welcome drink of prosecco, tea, coffee or soft drink. Being 7 months pregnant I requested a non alcoholic beer and my husband a glass of prosecco. I wasn’t able to make a swap for this and so my husband had two glasses of prosecco for himself. We had our celebratory meal in the Jetty which had a lovely menu. The service wasn’t great and the attitudes of the serving staff also wasn’t particularly pleasant given that it was a really special occasion for that. At 10.20pm my mother ordered another Salcombe Smooth (a digestif cocktail) but we were told that the shakers had been washed up so we could just have a spirit and mixer. For a luxury hotel, this was quite disappointing. As hotel residents I’d have thought ordering a cocktail at this time would have been absolutely no problem. Given that we paid over £400 for our room, breakfast and dinner it wasn’t cheap which we didn’t mind because of the special occasion we were celebrating. But to be met with negative experiences such as those I’ve outlined above just sadly seemed to be really unnecessary.

1  Thank Sara K
Jason P, General Manager at Salcombe Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear Sara K

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I am so sorry for your experience. I would very much like to follow this up as this attitude is not acceptable to us. Please contact me on jason.parry@harbourhotels.co.uk and allow me to look into this in more detail. Thank you once again and I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

A truly superb hotel. Beautiful furnishings throughout. The special touches were very welcome - free rock and complimentary decanters of gin and sherry in the rooms. Great cocktails. Stunning spa. Views to die for. Breakfast and dinner were excellent, only slightly marred by very poor wine service - we'd finished our main course before being told that the white wine we had ordered was out of stock. We expected better based on the rest of our experience. We look forward to returning.

1  Thank JeremyTG
Jason P, Guest Relations Manager at Salcombe Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear JeremyTG

Thank you so much for your kind words, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with. I do apologise for the poor wine service and will discuss this with our Bars Manager to ensure there is no repeat of this in future. We hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We booked this hotel for our honeymoon in May 2018. We stayed for two nights on a Monday and Tuesday. We stayed in one of the best rooms - "Rod Stewart's favourite room" according to the receptionist who showed us to the room - a corner suite with an estuary view on the top floor of the hotel.

Positives first... very well situated in Salcombe and an amazing view overlooking the estuary. Clearly, the location is the main reason why this hotel commands such high rates. Also, the restaurant is excellent; really nice seafood and good service from the staff. We were well looked after at breakfast and throughout the dinner we had there so top marks for food service and we would recommend a visit for dinner for those staying elsewhere in Salcombe.

However, the hotel is so expensive that one should expect more than just a good location. There were several things that when added up basically spoilt the experience. First of all, when we went onto our balcony the furniture and the glass balcony screen were covered in bird poo. It's very disappointing that nobody bothered to check and clean this before we went into the room but what is more disappointing is that after my wife called and raised this to the hotel staff nothing was done about it. We booked a suite because we wanted to decompress after our wedding but and spend time in the room but it was disgusting having to sit on furniture covered in poo. Second, a number of little things about the room weren't up to scratch, including: 1) the reading light next to the bed was broken; 2) the shower didn't drain properly and overflowed onto the bathroom floor; 3) the bath plug didn't work and we had to call someone up to the room to fix it; the milk for the tea service wasn't replaced during the day. Lastly, the hotel was generally not very clean. We sat outside on the evening of our second night there and noticed that the outside of the building was covered in bird poo. It's understandable that on the coast seagulls will poo everywhere but the roof of the hotel and the side of it was caked in faeces and looked like nobody had cleaned it for months - and certainly nobody cleaned it while we were there.

So my advice would be - don't bother paying the huge premium for this hotel until you are satisfied that they have seen the error in their ways and keep the place clean, your room clean, the plumbing working and generally bother to check that everything is working correctly before you arrive.

Oh and there was a wedding on the Tuesday night that had loud music going on late into the night. Fair enough if the hotel needs to make money from weddings but just keep in mind that you may be kept up beyond the time you want to go to sleep.

Extremely disappointing. Can't help wondering if they make more effort when Rod Stewart is staying there.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robbie B
Jason P, General Manager at Salcombe Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Robbie B

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel here on this site, I am obviously very concerned regarding your feedback and would very much like the opportunity to discuss this with you further. Please could I ask that you contact me directly on jason.parry@harbourhotels.co.uk. I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Loved the location when we arrived and the ease of car parking but very disappointed upon entering the hotel. The only room I could book was inland so I was not expecting sea views however the room was right on the road on ground level and the traffic noise was horrendous, we couldn’t open the window due to traffic fumes and people walking right past the window (black out curtains would have been much better rather than the blinds that were for decoration only and hardly covered the window) from 7am we were woken by traffic noise that didn’t stop all day. We have come home more tired and stressed than when we went. Definitely not worth the price we paid. As we were so unhappy with the hotel we ate out every night rather than in the hotel restaurant we just wanted to be away from the place as much as possible. Salcombe itself is lovely and can highly recommend.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Jason P, General Manager at Salcombe Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you ofr taking the time to write this review, I would very much welcome the opportunity to discuss these issues with you and ask that you contact me directly on jason.parry@harbourhotels.co.uk. I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We can not thank Milly and her team enough for making our wedding day so memorable.
From the moment we first went to view the hotel through to our wedding day itself, we could not of asked for a better service. The team were always in close contact, answering all of our queries or providing advice on making the day run smoothly and their experience in having weddings at the hotel really shows through. What is particularly impressive is the attention to detail and the degree to which they care about making the day as special as possible for us. Nothing was ever too much trouble and all our guests really appreciated the warmth and and quality of service that they were greeted with.

The hotel itself is fantastic and the views around it are simply stunning. We are both so incredibly grateful to have been able to stay in the sea front villa, it really made what was already a superb weekend even more magical - and waking up to the view of the stunning Salcombe estuary the day after our wedding is something we will never forget.

Once again we would like to pass on our sincere thanks to everyone for making our wedding day so special and we will be back very soon!
P&K 12th May 2018

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Jason P, General Manager at Salcombe Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear pb2018718

Thank you so much for your kind words, I will certainly pass on your thanks to Milly and the Team. I am so pleased your Wedding Day was so special. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.