“Lucky to have this place as a local ”

Anokhi Indian Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 61 Restaurants in Wallingford
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Anokhi Indian Restaurant-our credo The name 'Anokhi'translation from Hindi to English is 'UNIQUE'and here at Anokhi Restaurant,we aim to make your experience with us exactly that.unique,it is our goal to serve you in a warm and friendly manner and to provide you with a meal that will exceed your expectations. Our staff are trained to follow these three steps of service. 1.Warm and sincere greeting 2.Anticipate and serve the needs of the customers. 3.A fond farewell Anokhi Indian Restaurant" A unique experience in taste and service"
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Another “just eat” order placed, speedy delivery, friendly delivery staff.. excellent food! Can’t recommend enough. Thank you Anokhi

MonicaMajumdar, General Manager at Anokhi Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Mel,

Thank you so much for taking your time to write this review, we really appreciate customer comments. We're so glad that you enjoyed your meal and hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

food tastes good. We tend to order in Just-Eat from this restaurant regularly. It arrives on time. Value for money.

Dear Srikanth,

Thank you so much for your feedback, we really appreciate hearing your thoughts! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your takeaway from Anokhi and can't wait to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely food, perfect for eating out in the sun when we didn't want to cook! Friendly delivery driver and the take away just topped off a great sunny day!

Dear Kayleigh,

Thank you for your positive feedback, we really appreciate your comments and take pride in the menu and impeccable service you so kindly mentioned that our team provide. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us and hope you will visit us again soon.

p.s we love the photos! Thank you for sharing

The Anokhi team

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The food was great as it always is, my chicken tikka was creamy and the chicken was tender. Always love the delivery mans enthusiasm and his charisma. Thankyou for the complimentary onion bhaji’s... delicious

Dear liam g,

Thank you very much for such a great review! We work really hard to offer the best food and great customer service, so I am happy to see that reflected on your last order from us. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I will declare my love of this place up front - it is a rare thing today to combine good food with polite and openly friendly service and do it effortlessly.

I have eaten here many times and to be honest can’t for the life of me understand why I have never reviewed it before...I am normally reviewing before I get back to the car !

I think it might be the fear that if everyone knows about it then it will change - so keeping it secret is the best way :-) but I have relented.

The food is excellent - Bengali twist and sweeter dishes and uses of spices - but if you do want something hot then this will not disappoint. But it is a hot curry specialist in any shape it have rich deep flavours and a combination of very varied dishes all over the menu as well as old favourites to meet the more traditional tastes.

Chit Poti is excellent and a personal favourite is the prawn puri both gorgeous.

On the mains I struggle to get past the Persian Lamb but there is a cornucopia of choices and variety you won’t be disappointed.

But as I said at the start it is the people at a restaurant that really make it for me all too often. Anokhi is run by simply the nicest people who will engage with you and cheer you up, never over bearing and always attentive and with a relaxed ambiance this place has so much going for it.

And now my usual ending - would I go back... in a heartbeat it’s a gem in Wallingford.

Dear Biggfoot,

Thank you for your review of our restaurant. I am very happy to hear you consider our cuisine of high quality ingredients, great flavour, well prepared and that you particularly enjoy our Persian Lamb. We do our best to be consistent in our offering of cuisine and service, I am happy to hear this was reflected on your last visit to us.

It is great to hear you enjoy our mix of atmosphere, food and service. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.