All reviews the pub chef and brewer quiet location restaurant next door easy access comfortable room excellent stay night's sleep cooked breakfast budget hotel car park reception staff an overnight stay swan inns motorway
Reviewed 31 August 2018

We chose this hotel for the annual Creamfields festival, it was15 minutes and a £15 taxi from Creamfields site. Perfect for staying here during the festival! Pub next door for food and drinks and other fast food outlets 5 minutes away

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2018

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Very friendly helpful staff on arrival helped us find our party location and gave us taxi information . Room bit dated but everything we needed could do with plugs by bedside. Would definitely stay there again

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I've used this Premier Inn a few times, the pub is good and so is the food. The rooms are tired, but they're refurbishing hotels so eventually this will happen here too I guess?

But breakfast finishing at 09.00 - why?

I prepaid for breakfast, arrived tired, obviously missed being told that breakfast finished at 09.00 and then also missed the tiny printing on the back of the 'Welcome' card you get with your key.

So at 09.10 I got bounced out of the restaurant by people vacuuming, went back to reception where I was greeted with some indifference - I suspect this happens often and they're used to complaints.

Previously at this hotel the breafast was cooked to order, no effort made to offer to refund what I'd prepaid, if it was a buffet, you could argue that I'd been allowed for in set up, but not cook to order surely?

On checking out - to look for somewhere to get breakfast - the reception staff were ll huddled in the office with the main receptioning having her back to me. No effort to turn round, so I dropped my key on the counter and turned to leave. At this point, the receptionist shouted 'Thank you Sir' with a sarcastic tone.

Such a shame, this is a great location and the resaurant is probably the best I've been to in a Premier Inn - yes it's just a Premier Inn - but the food is very good considering the price. But in order to try the food the restaurant needs to be open........

No dramatic '"I'll never use Premier Inn again", but I will now consider other options.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank OneK60
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Second time this has happened when my partner and I have stayed here to see friends. You arrive at check in, confirm your name, then get asked questions you’ve already given on the booking just as “confirmation” then to add insult to injury get asked a rather abrupt and insensitive “is this your wife?” - well guess what - it’s none of your business!

All that aside, the rooms are very dated, bathrooms in dire need of updating and the TV is slightly bigger than the latest iPads. No air conditioning, but then having come from London it felt cooler than we are used to.

At about 1am the darling locals decided to see who can leave the longest tyre marks in the car park, it must drown out the sound of their knuckles dragging on the floor.

If you have an option to stay somewhere else then I’d use it and save yourself the disappointment.

Trip type: Travelled with friends