Reviews (3 192)
3 192 results
See what travellers are saying:
16 - 21 of 3 192 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Booked in for a weekend break, only stayed the one night as the room was filthy, shampoo still on the bath. Mold in the shower screen, dust everywhere, the furniture was damaged and dated, this is certainly not a 4 star hotel I would actually rate it as a 2 star as the rooms are terrible I don’t know what the cleaners do because the room was filthy the cups in the room was very stained and hadn’t been washed properly for a while. Would never stay here again

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Susan B
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Asides from it being difficult to locate, when we arrived at the hotel and attempted to check-in, we were faced with two members of staff on reception who proceeded to ignore me and my partner (choosing to answer the phone over checking us in). The female who had just ended her call was very cold faced on welcoming us. We were then given a key with terrible directions to our room.

Please bear in mind when we placed the booking we had stated we would like to be located in a quieter area of the hotel. On arriving to our room, we were presented with a busy bar with very loud guests at one end of the corridor and a gym at the other end - providing us with a constant flow of loud guest. The walls appeared paper thin, enabling you to hear guests in the adjacent rooms and the conversations of those in the corridor.

The lock to the door was simply a chain (see picture), asthough privacy in a hotel is an optional feature. The bedroom was very dated (this was not a concern) although I felt I was in my great grandmothers living room/ bedroom. One major issue was the temperature in the room, it was increadibly hot despite the heating being turned off. After having the windows open for the duration of our stay (45 minutes), we knew there was no way we could sleep in that heat. Another issue was the amount of dust on the furniture around the entire room (see picture). At this point we sat down on a chair and was presented with a speed-bump-like mound on the floor from the ill-fitting carpets (see picture).

Obviously we decided to leave. However, upon leaving we used the toilet and was presented with; a faulty flush, rusted hand rails above the bath, peeling wood on the back of the bathroom door along with a bathroom door that would not stay closed.

Whilst my partner used these 5* facilities, I turned on the T.V. to find a remote that had sellotape and a buisness card wraped around it to hold the batteries in! (Again please see attached photos).

We then booked into a £33 travelodge and had no issues at all. It's safe to say that I will never be staying here again and do not advise any other intelligent individual to do so either.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is in a very tired with a staff problem. The lounge furniture is threadbare and dirty. The bar staff charged me three different prices for the same drinks and took up to 25 minutes to serve even though it was not busy. the food was very basic in quality but there is no alternative as it is in an isolated situation.The heating is not turned on till 6 pm and then it was just a pathetic luke warm heater panel.The heater panel was hanging off and there was a wet dirty rag hanging down as there was a leak and someone had wrapped a rag around to stop it dripping. Dinning room staff were also rude and slow. It was not a good experience.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Rooms with damp in them so bad you can see the black mould the food is VERY over priced for what you get as there is nothing within walking distance you will have to have your room key re charged if you stay longer than 2 hours can't wait for our firm to book us in here again needs millions spending on this place

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Came here 9th nov on bus trip big old hotel with character had a big bath with plenty of hot water room clean food was very nice plenty of choice for breakfast all in all enjoyed my stay staff were friendly would stay here again

• Trip type: Travelled with friends