All reviews near the train station refurbished bathroom would stay here again very nice stay bit dated breakfast was delicious bad points comfy bed shampoo manchester
Reviewed 25 September 2018

Good points first:-
As always [I have used this hotel before] clean comfortable and quiet(ish) despite the main Warrington Bank Quay station opposite. Oddly I actually requested a room fronting the station so I could see some passing life! Even so it wasn't noisy and I could live with the station announcement tanoy. Wi-Fi also seems to be better in the main original building, rather than in the rear annex. A really good "serve yourself" breakfast, nicely displayed and cooked. Really nice helpful staff.

Bad points :-
Unfortunately the large side car park is now "out of bounds"...apparently being sold off by the owner who lives in the house next door who had previously permitted its use. I was inquisitive but tired so didn't ask too many questions. That area, considering the style of the remaining brickwork must have once been the coach house before its demolition. I have seen old photos of the whole building which was once magnificent. The menu still has a lined drawing to show what was once there! I had to squeeze my medium sized car into a "non space" by the bins to ensure that I could exit easily without being blocked in, whilst also not blocking in other cars. There are allegedly 8 numbered car spaces but three in front block three very small spacesagainst a wall. A broken down Landrover Freelander with flat tyres occupies one of the inaccessible three. A great shame since previously there was a very good spacious side car park with easy egress whilst now the old "exit" from the old version of the car park is in the "out of bounds" section so safely exiting on to the busy road can now be fraught with fast moving traffic unless one awaits the pelican crossing slowing or stopping the traffic. I acknowledge that car parking does not now appear in the hotel description, but I had not read that as I was so used to having the formerly excellent car park facility! I should have read more closely but one doesn't expect to encounter such a change!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stayed over night at The Patten Arms Hotel on 15th September 2018. The staff was friendly, helpful and gave a good service. The room was clean, it is quite dated, although has all facilities that is needed for a comfortable stay, it had a good size room, with two large beds, that was very comfortable. Free wi-fi (that had a good signal), a large smart television, good wardrobe space, kettle with free tea and coffee. En-suite with shower, toilet, wash basin, and free soap, & shampoo. Hairdryer, and use of iron/ironing board if needed. They have a bar, restaurant and free car park. It was very reasonably priced for a weekend, with breakfast included, which was a very good quality cooked breakfast. The Patten Arms Hotel is opposite Bank Quay station, and is near to Warrington town. We had a lovely stay, and would definitely go back.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

i got put here with my partner and baby due to homelessness. we have been put on the top floor which is not suitable at all with a baby and all our stuff. no facilities for babies.
the wifi is absolutely rubbish, maybe if it doesn't work the staff should reset it.
staff are friendly, but that's the only good thing.
the cleaners don't even clean our room, change the bedding or anything, just tidy the bed up.
won't be staying here again once we go.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank kayleighf1995
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times over the years when in Warrington
Where to start
Good points it’s near the station that’s it
Bad points
The parking was always difficult here but since the hotel sold the car park it’s now utterly miserable 34 rooms and parking for about 5-6 and don’t dare park in the managers spot or the horrible scouser female staff may call your room when your asleep and demand you move it I told her to do one
Afterwards I could here her call me names and insulting me to other guests through my open window utterly disgusting you should be ashamed
The WiFi is living in the 90s at best slow at worst non existent
The carpets are peeling up all over
The room was dated but passable just
£59 pounds a night is a rip off should be £30
The manager person on the check in desk really doesn’t care looks like he’d rather be anywhere other than helping the customer ie me
I don’t expect the ritz but this place is beyond terrible
The breakfast starts at 8am really on what planet is this normal
1 biscuit for a weeks stay and no replacement tea coffee
Dirty towel not removed
If I could give minus points I would I implore you do not stay here if you pay more than £30 ie hostel money I guarantee you will not be happy here

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank daveydoo101
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here a couple of times, the furniture is dated but it is spotlessly clean. The rooms and rest of hotel is so clean and tidy. The staff we met were all friendly and helpful. Will be staying here again in the future..

Date of stay: July 2018