All reviews creaky floorboards near the train station refurbished bathroom would stay here again very nice stay chain hotels bit dated two nights breakfast was delicious bad points staff were lovely bed and breakfast spruce shampoo manchester
Reviewed 30 May 2018

We booked the hotel very last minute as overnight accommodation for a festival. The price was very competitive and the hotel was in a handy location. However, despite being clean the rooms are very dated and could do with a makeover.

That said, the bed was comfy and the breakfast very good.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank sukisausage
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

I have just returned from a stay in the Patten hotel I had the most comfortable stay and the staff were amazing couldn’t of been better. The room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was beautiful could not be disappointed for the price. Will definitely stay again.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2018

Good points:
Hotel is in a very handy location for main line train station and town centre. It is far enough from centre to be away from rowdy drunks at the weekend, and is next to main Cheshire Police centre. Had a quiet room down side of hotel away from main road with comfortable bed and a good night's sleep. Wi-Fi only works in bar (open until 10 or 11pm.), and in main hallway. Most staff were polite and pleasant, especially Samantha, who worked in bar and breakfast room, and who was very helpful.
Negative points:
Breakfast was buffet type with main hot items being kept warm under heat lamps. Most days bacon was hard as though it had been left there too long. One day some other items were also becoming somewhat hard too. This could be easily sorted out by replenishing bacon etc.more often (not exactly difficult). Some of the bedroom furniture had parts missing, and squeaky hinges. This also could have been easily sorted out. Some wires in the room appeared to be "taped together", instead of being properly maintained.
With some attention to detail, such as proper maintenance and improving breakfast quality (especially the bacon), this place could become a reasonable place to stay because of it's price and location.

Room tip: Front overlooks station
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank SunWalker123
Reviewed 12 April 2018

the staff were helpful and there was car parking there. disappointed in the tv as had very poor reception and the bed very spongy. however the food was good especially the breakfast and on the whole good value for money

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

On arrival couldn’t find entrance for there car park, walked into hotel no one on reception so rang bell asked member of staff to show me but she wasn’t very helpful so went back outside to look myself only to find no space in car park. I ended up having to drive round to find a car park which cost me £12. When checking in with my mother were not made very welcome, no smile or politeness from the woman receptionist instead we were told abruptly a list of things we shouldn’t do me and my mother were shocked!!!
We both wanted a meal, so I asked what time do you stop serving food, the receptionist glared up at the clock and rudely said orrr....now. I asked at 7:50, another staff member passed us with two plates of hot food taking it to other guests. In the room we read welcome letter it stated food served up until 8:30 and 8:15 last food order. So clearly your welcome letter is given wrong information, me and my mum were very disappointed.
The hotel is straight opposite the train station and on a busy main road that I found sleep difficult as even noisy throughout the night. It is very old fashioned and although some old charm about it ,it all needs updating, decorating and upgrade of bathrooms and bedroom furniture. Old fashioned wardrobe and other furniture and floorboards very creaky.The Wi-Fi did not work at all and tv in room had no signal so very disappointed. Waitress at breakfast very nice and helpful, hot food a little dried up and not a lot of choice.

4  Thank C8670ROsarahc