Reviews (2 400)
2 401 results
All reviews club room the verve leisure facilities the pub lovely hotel coffee machine great facilities leisure club comfy bed steam room course meal spa treatments stayed here for one night good nights sleep gym wedding deal
16 - 21 of 2 401 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel many years ago shortly after it opened when it was a bit special with the pool and gym facilities but that is not the case today. I would describe it as a Premier Inn with a health club but with smaller rooms and more expensive. I do stay in quite a few hotels and for the price I would expect something better. As said the rooms are quite small, there is a small and very basic table and chair and just a hanging rail, no wardrobe. Toiletries are bulk dispensers on the wall and the shower gel in mine was empty. I was in room 111 and you are entertained with the annoying noise of squash balls hitting the wall somewhere in the vicinity up to 8:30pm. The breakfast was OK but I would say less choice than Premier and more expensive. I agree with previous comments about the self service check in, seemed to baffle most people so the staff member on duty seemed resigned to doing most of it for you. On a plus side the bar staff were very friendly and efficient. Unless the health club is a big attraction and you have the time to use it save money and go elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
DonnTimmons, General Manager at Village Hotel Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Alfred

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and other guests.

I am sorry to hear that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations.

It is true that Village Hotel Club has changed in recent years and we have heavily invested in an urban design which I am sorry did not suit your taste.

Where a limited number of rooms are close to squash courts, these are normally only allocated to arrivals after playing has ceased to avoid any noise issues. This clearly did not happen on this occasion and I will review this with the team.

We have carefully selected our toiletries to a high standard for the enjoyment of our guests and normally receive rave reviews around these. We are also very conscious of our environmental footprint so do have larger bottles. It does not make sense to us to throw out 400 mini bottles per day at the hotel knowing the impact that this has.

We have put a lot of time into our breakfast and food and beverage options including a full service Starbucks on site. We want to ensure that we offer a balanced selection on our generous buffet to suit all tastes including the option to order specials from the kitchen.

I do hope that you will return to Village and Jay we do not lose you as valued guest.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed for one Saturday night with my son on our way back from football.
Really impressed with this hotel, I've used the Village hotels for work and pleasure and there are of course some better then others. The Village Warrington in my opinion is the best.
Had a room issue which was no ones fault but was sorted out with by the brilliant Paloma on reception. Wanted also to change food deal from the restaurant to the pub...no problem just sorted out with a friendly professional manner...impressed.
Also impressed with the bar staff and I think the lady was called Gabby who was again positive and helpful to my son and I. To be fair every member of staff we dealt with had very good attitude and certainly give out good professional vibes.
Food was good, rooms were very nice and comfortable, spotless clean too.
This hotel was the first Village hotel I tried a few years ago and got me going with this brand.
We will definitely be coming back to stay when next in the area.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
DonnTimmons, General Manager at Village Hotel Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Kelly,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and other guests.

The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you are a big Village fan.

Our people are at the heart of delivering great guest experiences and thank you for recognising both Paloma and Gabby personally. The team work really at the hotel and all genuinely care about our guests so are made up when our guests highlight this. I will ensure that this is recognised in the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

We booked into the Village Warrington whilst visiting friends in the area for the weekend. We'd previously stayed at the Park Royal and loved that but thought we'd try somewhere different. We didn't enjoy our stay. Check in was impersonal. Its all high tech where you check in yourself on a tablet. There was a member of staff there assisting, hovering at the side of us,so cant see the point of it & it lacks the normal welcome you expect. Due to this the hotel info you normally get was absent, like they assumed you knew everything and when i asked basic questions eg, where breakfast was etc, answers were rushed. We booked an upgraded room as we like the extras and have nice bedding etc at home but the bedding wasn't anything special and the feather duvet was of very poor quality (the feathers were sharp and prickly). The coffee pod machine was a nightmare to work out, with the instructions not obviously visible. Again they assume everyone has one. A laminated instruction card in the room would be useful. When i eventuality figured it out the coffee was lovely, so much so that i brought my room coffee to breakfast as the breakfast coffee was poor. The overall main reason for not enjoying the stay was disturbed sleep on both of our nights stay. The 1st night we were woken at midnight by someone walking to and fro on a laminated floor above us for about 10 minutes. It was very creaky. The hotel rooms are carpeted so it couldn't have been a guest room and when my husband looked upstairs there did appear to be a closet in the vacinity so we can only assume it was staff. The second night there were people running up and down the corridors and then a laundry van turned up outside our room at 0645hrs on a Sunday morning loading laundry in metal trolleys onboard. I mentioned our problems to staff who offered a feeble apology and wrote to Village but over a month later have not had a reply. Not good. I will not return to any Village hotel as a result. There's a Premier inn right across the road that offers a good night sleep guarantee so you can't go wrong with that if its location you're after.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
DonnTimmons, General Manager at Village Hotel Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear Mrs Derbyshire,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and other guests.

I am very sorry to learn that on this occasion we did not meet up to your expectations.

At Village we are a bit different, we have invested heavily in our systems to deliver cutting edge technology where our guests can even check in remotely and use their phones as rooms keys. All of this with our dedicated host team on hand to deliver a great welcome is designed to enhance our guest experience and provide all information required about the hotel. We clearly missed the mark on this occasion and for this I apologise.

I am also sorry that you did not enjoy all of the facilities of our club rooms, with upgraded duvet, pillows, SKY TV package and Tassimo Coffee Machine. A card should be present in your room to assist those unfamiliar and I will ensure that all of these are present in our Club Rooms.

Delivering a great nights sleep to our guests is really important to us and I will review your feedback around noise with our team at the hotel.

We do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in future and please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can assist with any future requirements.

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Me and my husband visited the village spa for my birthday. Unfortunately I couldn’t have a massage which was annoying as I’d had recent surgery but had a facial and my toes done and my husband had a facial and massage. Both really enjoyed ourselves. Spa could definitely with some renovations in the leisure facilities but other than that it’s worth every penny!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
DonnTimmons, General Manager at Village Hotel Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Dear Sophie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and other guests.

We are really please that you enjoyed your visit to our spa where treatments from a quick pedicure to the latest Caci treatments are all available.

We have recently finished a further large investment into our leisure facilities which rate them as the best in the area and will continue to improve these for our guests.

We hope to see you back soon and can shortly enjoy the full range of treatments we have available.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

I was very impressed by this hotel which I stayed at for one night for business. Lovely well appointed rooms, everything you need, great pool and good choice of food and drink. Cleanliness was excellent and I really appreciated the efficient breakfast model they have in place. I would come back here.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
DonnTimmons, General Manager at Village Hotel Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear Claire,

Thank you for your visit and for sharing your review with me and other guests.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and loved all of our extensive facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back and hope that we can tempt you to give us 5 stars during your next visit - maybe try out one of our Club rooms with 55" TV, Sky package, Tassimo coffee machine and upgraded quilts and linen.

Village is a great place for winding down too and we're launching our Taki Tiki Island Happy Hour this Friday across Village Hotels.

I look forward to welcoming you soon.