All reviews girls school the main house city centre car park on arrival breakfast was delicious nice bar area rooms are great couldn't do enough visit wolverhampton full english business or pleasure hotel bar excellent stay chain hotels original features bed was comfortable
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Whenever I am working in the area, I always stay in this clean, friendly and interesting hotel.

During this stay, I was welcomed by the high quality staff, enjoyed breakfast and an evening meal and slept well. This has been my experience every time I have stayed here.

I would recommend this hotel for business or pleasure and hope to return soon.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2018

If you are visiting Wolverhampton, you really need to stay here.

Lovely standard of accommodation with room also being clean, comfortable and warm.

Like to thank Ken the Owner for getting our drinks in again prior to our stay. A big thank you to Claudia for looking after us for the weekend. Nothing was too much trouble.

Breakfast excellent.

Room tip: if want a quieter room, ask for a room at the back
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Old school that has been turned into a (just outside) city centre hotel. Obviously caters for corporate clients and does it well. Nothing outstanding to report but most notably nothing bad either. I would definitely stay again. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Fantastic little hotel within a 10 minute taxi ride to Wolverhampton racecourse.
Hotel was spotless, good sized rooms and most of all Claudia made you feel at home as soon as you came through the door, what an asset she is to any company.
My Daughters and I only stayed for one night and cannot really comment on the restaurant as we had eaten at the racecourse, but breakfast the following morning was very good.
Be rest assured, the next time we have a family outing to the races, we will look no further than the Ely House Hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

This converted girls school has been done to a high standard with many period features left in place - a comfortable bed and very clean room. The staff were very helpful; an excellent full English breakfast in the morning with great service rounded off our stay

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple