See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel is awful. The ‘single standard’ room I stayed in is tiny, the bathroom is falling apart and the hotel in general has a grimey, uncared for feeling about it.
I have never stayed in a Britannia hotel before and I never will again. There is also a ‘rule’ about no outside food or drink in the hotel, including rooms.
Try as I might I can’t find a single redeeming feature.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank chrissiadwellevans
Reviewed 10 October 2018

I stayed for 1 night @ the hotel the staff there was friendly the room was basic but ok for a stay could do with being updated.
I was on second floor & could smell smoke on 1st floor people was smoking in the rooms other than that the hotel was fine did think that £10 for breakfast was a lot so didn't take up the offer as they are by moon under water pub & about 2 mins away is mcdonalds. OK for a base tho did what I need it to do as I was visiting family in Willenhall & was next to bus station & 5 mins from train station. Wont recommend to single females as have a lot of foreign long term guests but fine if you are a couple or male on short stay, prob would stay again if on own but would think twice if was with my wife. Being a affordable place does not mean you should be shabby i run a b&b in blackpool & for a clean single room inc breakfast charge £35 per night but over all not that bad a place to stay.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Tyrone H
Reviewed 6 October 2018

Not too much love on this site for the Britannia but I have stayed there several times and my experiences have been good. Rooms are basic but so are the prices. Staff are good people and really helpful. The no takeaways in the rooms rule seems to irk some people but there are signs up. I think that is really for practical reasons and hygiene anyway. I was recently stranded in town having missed the last train and Partha behind the desk really put himself out to help me find a room. No, it's not an ideal location to spend your honeymoon but given the location and the price that should surprise nobody. Besides if it's so terrible how come it's always full?

Room tip: Ask for one with WiFi. The side facing the station is the one with all the work going on.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank TreeTopTraveller
Reviewed 15 September 2018

I knew this was going to be a bad place when I offered the Big Issue seller at the door two quid and he said "keep it mate, you will need it for the upgrade" Boy was he right! What a dump, the last time I saw a place like this Steptoe was sitting in the sink.

Rude staff, dated rooms, but to be fair, they moved us twice. The next morning we gave up and drove to Telford and stayed there. I suggest you do the same.

When they get round to flattening this place I want to press the big Red Button.

I've never been in a Bail Hostel, but from what Ive seen on TV, this is as close at it gets. I expected to see Louis Theroux interviewing guests.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank Dr-Love-MD
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

CAUTION!!!! The Material your about to read might be unsettling and straight to the point.

Jesus Christ where do I even start with this horrible hotel. From the outside it didn’t look to bad as looked very posh (Downton Abbey style) untill you went inside the hotel that is.....

Not sure who was the interior designer but they need to be fired or sacked. As never seen so much cheap, tacky, furniture in my life...

Finally went up to the desk and was greeted with a hello to me and my mate. Which was good and sorted out the booking conformation quickly and our keys were given.

The Lift didn’t work which wasn’t a surprise and the corridors floors were squeaky as spongebob squarepants boots which was annoying as hell..

when finally arrived at the room my soul almost left my body, by how terrible and ugly my room looked. From how it was styled and it looked like columbo the detective next crime scene of how bizarre the room was was.

The bed wasn’t even a bed as it looked like it was a dinner canteen table with wheels, as well as a mattress on top of it but covered..

when looking around the room also I found that there was a squirted brown stain across the discoloured striped floor which made me feel very sick. And was hoping to god that it was the cleaner, Costa coffee they might have spelt when so called...clearing the room.

But I couldn't sleep at all throughout the whole night due to bus station robot voice (Siri mother) talking every 15 minutes which was very irritating.

Once I woke up from that uncomfortable
and restless sleep, my bedcover also came off. And found loads of long black straight hair under the bedcover. I for a fact that Kim Kardashian didn’t come by on her travels to take a nap so not sure who hair that was which was distgusting to find out.

The best part of the hotel was leaving it and great way of improving it, is knocking it down but lovely reception staff though.

Date of stay: September 2018