“Massive portions, lovely food taste and presentation, considerate staff”
Review of Issa Sushi

Issa Sushi
Ranked #61 of 378 Restaurants in Worthing
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Came here on Bank Holiday Monday afternoon for lunch with my partner. First impressions were positive, beautiful interior with spacious tables and pretty crockery. Menu choice had plenty of vegetarian options to pick from. Ordering bits and pieces off the menu would have worked out more expensive but importantly they offer 'bento boxes' which we both opted for.

Portions for the Bento boxes were generous and the food looked beautiful and tasted delicious! If I'm being picky my tempura had been allowed to cool a bit too much but everything else taste, portion and presentation wise was perfect. The bento boxes are a great way to sample some of the many items offered at a cheap price so I'd strongly recommend this option to anyone. I'm a big eater and had to ask for a doggy bag.

Waiter and waitresses showed great friendliness, attentiveness and genuine interest in whether you were enjoying your food without being overbearing which can be a fine tightrope to walk. Could see them take corrective action on feedback from other customer who was giving only mildly negative feedback which impressed me- these guys want to give great service!

Very impressed and hope this restaurant lasts and does well

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

LOVE that a Japanese place has opened in Worthing. It exceeded my expectations, the sushi is super fresh and well presented. A very varied menu, there is something for those that are new to Japanese cuisine and those that know their chirashi from their nigiri

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very high food quality, everything was excellent. The restaurant is also very nice furnished. The prices are okay for the quality of the food and service. I think the waiters are overly attentive though, they came to our table countless times during the meals and even before when we were still deciding what to get... it was a bit annoying after a while, but nothing too major. Nice experience overall!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Food is amazing. I was there for lunch with my family. We every enjoy for our meals. Service here very good. I’m really strong recommend to try. Definitely coming back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Looks great from the outside and in and I think Worthing needs a place like this as the food is pretty good too.
Not a match for Wagamama and the reason for my average score is the price of the salt and pepper squid which I guess seems like I’m being a bit picky, but the fact is that for £6.50 I guess I expected more than six small pieces of squid.
Squid isn’t even dear to buy it’s really cheap and no one scrimps on squid so why be so tight.
My spicy crab ramen was nice but not enough veg/salad...comparing to Wagamama again.
£55 including drinks