“Fab soft play”

Rugrats and Half Pints Banbury
Ranked #2 of 8 Fun & Games in Banbury
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Children's Activity Centre where babies first experiences happen! Rugrats and Half Pints is an award winning concept in indoor activities for children aged 0 to 12, which includes a wide range of sensory and soft play activities all under one roof. Committed to providing a safe, clean and stimulating environment with emphasis on fun.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Reviewed 14 March 2018

We were driving up from Guildford to Birmingham so did a quick google for soft play somewhere near to the M40 - we chose Rugrats based purely on location and a mention in a Families activities website. It was just what we needed for out two 3 1/2 year olds to do to break up a very long drive.

It was pretty much exactly what you would expect from a soft-play area, and is very similar to most other soft plays. The price was good value compared to similar activities too. I liked the way the activities were in different zones - under 3s sensory, toddlers ball pit area, larger cage, trampolines etc. The quality of the play equipment seemed fine - all the children playing were enjoying themselves.

Only slight negative was that we would have ordered food, but we didn't realise the kitchen shut at 17.00 - I couldn't see any signage about that, and there wasn't any sandwiches either to buy at that time.

But over all, very impressed and we ended up staying for over 2 hours.

Christopher D, Manager at Rugrats and Half Pints Banbury, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Hello Emma,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We do stop food orders 30 minutes before we close the centre, although there are still hot and cold drinks, cakes and other snacks including children's snackboxes available until we close. I will take your feedback on board and look at making this clearer to our customers going forward.

All reviews
"year olds"
"per child"
"food on offer"
in 2 reviews
"staff were helpful and friendly"
"play equipment"

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

I have been to a lot of soft plays but this is one of the nicer ones. The range of activities is good. The food isn’t brilliant but fine enough. Staff are friendly and they have a fun trampoline area.

Christopher D, Manager at Rugrats and Half Pints Banbury, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Hello Preetie,

Thank you so much for taking your time to write us a review. I am really pleased to hear your comments about the team, and that you enjoyed the centre. Coming from a catering and hospitality background I would hope you would always find our food to be excellent, it is simple meals but we always try to source the best ingredients and our chefs take great pride in what they prepare, I hope we can wow you further on the food front next time, not knowing your tastes it is a little bit of a stab in the dark to make a recommendation but personally I love the club sandwich, if it sounds like your sort of thing maybe give it a try next time.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

My daughter had a great party in one of the huts.Food was surprising healthy. I would recommend it to anyone with young children.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Christopher D, Manager at Rugrats and Half Pints Banbury, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Hello Nikki,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. It's great to hear that you would recommend the centre, and that your daughter enjoyed the party. We do pride ourselves on our food offerings here, so it is great to get the feedback, I will be sure to pass it on to our Chefs.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Kids had a lovely time and plenty sandwiches. Ran out of party rings - may help to specify how many there is per child

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Christopher D, Manager at Rugrats and Half Pints Banbury, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

Hello Sunette,

Thank you for taking the time to write us your review.

I am sorry that you ran out of party rings, we do try to ensure that party hosts check back during the buffet. Had this been picked up we would have had no hesitation in getting more party rings out for you.

I am glad that you enjoyed the rest of the buffet, and indeed the rest of the party.

Thanks again

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Health and safety hazards everywhere. Broken swings with no signs to prevent use. Sweets littering the floor. Open cans laying around. Very rude manager. Other staff were lovely.

Dear Belinda,

I would strongly disagree on your comments about safety hazards. We pride ourselves on creating a clean, safe and fun environment for children to play. Please note that we have been awarded the lowest possible risk rating on all inspections, that have been carried out by an independent accredited company during my 3 years with the centre. Despite daily checks and routine maintenance it is inevitable that equipment will become damaged on occasion. Upon discovering damaged equipment we would immediately remove the item of equipment where possible, or isolate the area.

The swing that you mention was inspected in the morning as per our daily checks and found to be in working order. Immediately upon you letting us know the swing had been damaged, it was removed, as you witnessed. Please note that the straps, swing ropes and seat were still in perfect working order so there was no risk of harm present should the child be strapped in, and you did confirm with me at the time that your child suffered no injury.

In regards to your other comments, it was a single cola bottle sweet on the café floor, which you pointed out to me, and that I asked my colleague who was already sweeping to clean out of your way, The cans which were up on the side I immediately removed. Please note than none of these items were in the play areas. It is not uncommon for children to drop food or customers to leave their empty cans on a table or side. But I would point out that as you mentioned this to me, one of my colleagues was sweeping the floor, whilst the other was clearing tables. So it was evident that staff were working to tidy up as tables were leaving.

I am sorry you found me to be rude on the day. However, we can not tolerate foul and abusive language in the centre, it is far from appropriate around young children. I simply asked you politely to refrain from doing so. Given that you did not enjoy your visit and made it clear that you did not wish to stay, you were offered and accepted a full refund on the day.