Review Highlights
Definitely worth a visit

Looking for a day out on a rainy day in lockdown in the area was proving a challenge- so we were... read more

Reviewed 23 August 2020
224sarahs
Woking, United Kingdom
via mobile
Absolutely lovely

A magnificent old building with beautiful gardens, Broughton Castle is a lovely place to visit. The... read more

Reviewed 17 August 2020
lindamV7611EC
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Banbury
All reviews fortified manor house well worth a visit limited opening hours tea room tea and cake grounds are beautiful lovely place to visit interesting history sunny day moat roof shakespeare lord rooms visitors cafe oak
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 October 2019

Moated castle, still lived in by the family. Close to Banbury, interesting gardens and house. Most pleasant cafe/restaurant.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed 12 September 2019

Found this to be very interesting afternoon visit.Lovely history and many interesting things to see.Much of the furnishings are incredible and so varied.There are several floors to explore,all displaying items of interest.Well worth going right to the top as you can exit onto the roof for stunning views of the knot garden and surrounding area.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 8 September 2019

What an absolutely amazing place with the most magical atmosphere. Stunning building steeped in history with plenty to explore. Beautiful garden and grounds in an idyllic setting. Lovely little tea room for tea and cake. The fabulous sunshine was the icing if the cake.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 2 September 2019

Having lived in the surrounding area all my life, I am ashamed to admit that I have driven past Broughton Castle hundreds of times, but never visited - promising myself I would do so one day.....
I chose our wedding anniversary last week to visit, as it coincided with an opening day, and we had an amazing and delightful afternoon.
The castle was everything I hoped it would be - and with plenty of parking, beautiful grounds and a warm welcome from the gentleman at the entrance, followed by a cream tea in the tearoom, and a visit to the Church before we left, I am so pleased to have visited such a wonderful historic building and family home on my doorstep.
I shall definitely make another visit next year.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 28 August 2019

A great day out - the gardens are looking good and the castle is spectacular. Easy to follow route around the castle to see everything. Excellent lunch in the cafe, good value .

Date of experience: August 2019