“Great break”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Lavender Cottage

open country side views from the studio Warmington Village
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Lavender cottage
open country side views from the studio
Warmington Village
Nearby stunning Warwick Castle
open countryside
Field
private outside to Lavender
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Kevin1014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great break”
Reviewed 19 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

This is a great place to stay if you are visiting the Cotswolds. Barry is a good host who will be able to give you some good advice on where to visit and places to eat. Only a ten minute walk to the village and a good pub.

Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
29 Sep 2015
Thank you for choosing to book with us here in Lavender and for your welcoming feed back we are so glad to know you had a great time .we hope to see you again soon
G W
St. Anton am Arlberg, Austria
“Awkward. We felt quite uncomfortable. Owner refunded partial bond only.”
Reviewed 14 September 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

We stayed at the cottage for the first few days of our trip around the UK. When we arrived it became apparent that the pricing we had expected was incorrect due to the unclear listing on the site - we checked the email history and their was no indication of any different pricing so it was a bit ambiguous. After an awkward coversation about this with Barry the owner we decided to just deal with it and pay double what we had expected. We were tired from travelling and it wasn't worth the stress.

The cottage was listed as having a washing machine and we needed to do a load, but the laundry was not in the cottage but rather part of the owners area, and even though we had permission to use it we felt uncomfortable as when we spoke to Barry about it he gave us 'a look'. We felt as if we were putting him out or that we had done something wrong.

When making our booking online, Barry required a deposit paid as a bond. We paid this up front via paypal as he requested, and we paid him in Pounds Stirling, so we sent and he received the full 100 pounds via Paypal. When it came time to get the bond back, we waited by the car as he went in and inspected the property while we waited, and then he came out and handed us 90 pounds in cash, apparently due to a difference in exchange rate...even though we had paid the full amount in pounds! We couldn't believe he short changed. By this time we had had more than enough and just cut our losses and left, but it has still been the most awkward and uncomfortable stay we have ever had in guest accommodation, and the low point of our entire 4 month trip around the UK.

Really disappointing as the accommodation was small but nice and the area is lovely. The reviews were positive in general also. Barry obviously takes pride in his property but needs to work on his hospitality skills - at least that was our experience. We certainly wouldnt stay again, and would recommend people request a firm price in writing, and ensure they get their whole bond back.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Nice and clean.
Liked least: The owner basically ripped us off by short changing us. Unclear pricing. Awkward exeperience.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
17 Sep 2015
I am sorry you were not entirely satisfied with your stay, however, it appears that in the interim between your stay in April and posting this review in September that your recall of events has become clouded.
I have a PayPal statement showing that I received £95.00 from you as a bond. Normally this would have been refunded through PayPal but you requested I give you a cash refund. (The bond money remains in the PayPal account until refunded).
We discussed the exchange rates at the time. I have had a number of Australians and other overseas visitors this year and none has had any problems with this.
The washing machine is in a utility room adjoining the cottages. The "owner's area" is the house on the other side of the carpark.
The cottages have a high occupancy rate and have been fully booked this year and visitors make full use of the washing machine and dryer and it is expected that travellers need to use these facilities. I am at a loss as to why you felt "uncomfortable" because our communications always appeared amicable and you approached for a chat most days.
I have not experienced any other visitors misunderstand the tariff rates and I sympathise with your predicament. However, learning you were on a tight budget I did allow a discount.
As you acknowledge, my reviews are positive and I take a pride in my work.
Trip Advisor has just awarded me two certificates of excellence based on customer feedback.
I have over 30 years experience in the hospitality industry and enjoy making my guests feel welcome and enhancing their visit to this beautiful part of England. Several guests have made repeat bookings this year including a couple who will returning for a third time.
I regret that you feel otherwise.
ALA76
“Wonderful Warmington Weekend”
Reviewed 1 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

My partner and I have just come back from a lovely 2 nights weekend stay at Lavender Cottage. It's in peaceful and private surroundings. The bed was really comfy, the bath is full size and the shower was great. Barry, the owner is a lovely gently-spoken chap who is very accommodating and always on hand to offer advice or services within the complex. We'll definitely stay again at some point in the future and would recommend it to anyone :-)

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
15 Jul 2015
I was very touched by your review and thank you for taking the time to write it , and to know your stay was perfect in every way we hope to see you again soon we always welcome back guests some have become friends that return time after time .we look forward to welcoming you back soon
Patricia...
“Mrs ”
Reviewed 26 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

We spent a wonderful week in this cottage. Barry was so helpful and made sure we had fresh towels every couple of days. We felt very secure here as the property has code operated gates. The village of Warmington had a great Inn and Farm shop and butcher close by was handy. I will recommend this cottage to my friends.

7 Jun 2015
We enjoyed reading your review and that your stay in Lavender was perfect and you were comfortable please come and see us again thank you for taking time to write great feed back
SamLondon...
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful holiday cottage, immaculately presented”
Reviewed 13 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

We stayed in Lavender Cottage for 10 nights. The cottage was just as pictured and absolutely immaculate. We were struck by our host Barry's eye for detail and how much thought was put into every furnishing, creating a really wonderful place to stay. The cottage is of an extremely high standard with everything one would ever need on a holiday. It is in a very peaceful location, silent at night but with great nearby road connections to Birmingham, Oxford and London. Barry was extremely hospitable, friendly and helpful and really made our holiday even more special. We would love to return in the future!

Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
7 Jun 2015
WOW thank you so much I am very passionate about my business and it means a lot when lovely guests like your self give great feed back and that means I am doing things write .I know you had a wonderful time in Lavender cottage ,and hope you get to come and see us again very soon
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing