“Friendly and good service.”

Grand Central Bar & Grill Basildon
Ranked #10 of 149 Restaurants in Basildon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had to send our starter back as was not heated through. We did think the food was slightly overpriced, but we did enjoy what we ordered. Our waitress was lovely; chirpy and friendly.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 427)

4 - 8 of 1 428 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

First visit and will definitely go back! Food was great and our waiter, Rocky, was very entertaining for the whole evening. Would recommend for family fun treat

1  Thank Debra S
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Grand Central Station is a chaotic, loud, expensive and amazingy. Grand Central in Basildon, is most of those things.

Firstly, the food. I ordered Steak and Lobster as is my want, more on the food in a moment.

I ordered the food at around 6:30pm (after waiting 30 minutes for a table). It arrived 50 minutes later, this is not a massive amount of time but it is longer than I would have expected. It was, to be fair, packed to the rafters, so I can understand the staff were busy.

When it did arrive, it was cold so it had to be sent back. I asked for ketchup, that took another ten minutes. When a fresh, hot dinner did arrive it was delicious. It slipped down lovely and the steak was cooked exactly as I asked for it. The only downside being there wasn't a whole lot of meet on the lobster.

The staff however, were the big issue. Not the service from them, that was fine. It was the length of time it took to attract anyones attention. Quite simply, for a Saturday night they just didn't have enough people on. I've not been back since and don't plan to anytime soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Been To Grand Central Last week and our expectations were high as we heard very positive feedbacks from our close friends.
Luckily it didn’t disappoint , all our food were prepared to an exceptionally good standard and we all agreed that their chilli con carne is to die for !
soo much going on that menu , i can’t wait to be back in the area and try some more .

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited here for dinner after hearing good things from others.
It was a very impressive restaurant inside - lots of American type decor and really well kitted out.
I had the Nachos to start and then a cheese and bacon burger for mains. The food was very average in my opinion. Very large portions so good value for money, but the taste was pretty bland, which was such a shame as I was expecting much more.