“Great pub and food in rural setting”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Bull's Head Pub
Ranked #29 of 34 Restaurants in Hay-on-Wye
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is a great authentic pub with great local produce, amazing setting and food. It really is a must if your in the area.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stopped in at the Bull's Head after walking up Hay Bluff and were so glad we did. The lunch was one of the highlights of our weekend around Hay on Wye. We didn't have a booking, but they managed to fit us in, and both of us had a faultless lunch near the beautiful wood fire. I would recommend the home made pumpkin ravioli with butter and pine nuts and parmesan. We shared it as a starter but I think afterwards regretted not getting a portion each! The mains (Roast local lamb, and a moist and flavoursome roast pork) were fabulous and the local ciders just added to it.
I think it is worth booking, as we got the last table, and everyone else had pre-booked. I would heartily recommend stopping here (it is only open on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays for lunch - I think). I had been about 4 years ago and it lived up to my memories from my last trip and more.

2  Thank Helen B
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Had a thoroughly pleasurable sunday lunch at The Bull's Head in Craswell. Kathryn is a real character - lovely lady. The pub is tucked away in the middle of gorgeous countryside, so on a warm sunny day the setting is heavenly; however, I can also imagine it a haven of warmth on a cold and rainy day as it's cosy and inviting inside. I would travel a distance for the Arbroath Smokie pot and Kathryn's Lemon Polenta cake with Lemon Curd Cream. House red was excellent too.

1  Thank LeicesterJenny