“Lovely lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Great food and atmosphere made for an excellent lunch with my wife's family.
Very helpful owner found us one of the small terracotta pots used as sugar holders on the tables
They show "Oscars" which is our 4 month old grandsons name.
Let's hope one day he will eat there.
Great experience.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

The miserable elderly man working behind the counter is in the wrong job. He needs lessons in customer service and basic manners. I hope by the time I reach his age I'm not doing a job that I dislike as he is extremely rude and bad mannered and has no concept of the term customer service. I witnessed him insult other customers who looked like they'd been out hiking. When they asked if breakfast was still being served at 12pm he told them curtly that they should've got up early. All he had to say was a polite "no, sorry". He was also rude towards our group and food was overpriced and not great. Blue Boar far more welcoming and better value.

Date of visit: July 2018
10  Thank Hellobob21
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Had a lovely lunch here last weekend. Place rather full, but managed to find a table for 6. Food was prepared quickly and efficiently, and, oh, the size of those portions! I'm glad we only ordered one children's meal to go between the 2 of them! Great place, great meals. Only one small problem - why prepare each meal as it is ordered? Wouldn't it be quicker and easier to take the orders, take the money and pass the orders to the kitchen? Just a small quibble - we had a great lunch here.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely food and great, friendly service. A very nice place to sit and enjoy a meal too. Highly recommended, thank you very much!!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely dinner here at the end of a busy day at the Hay Festival. I would highly recommend eating in the town rather than the fest itself as food at the festival is quite expensive. We had a hearty meal here and the staff were lovely.

Date of visit: May 2018