“Pizza treat!”
Review of Rose and Crown

Rose and Crown
Ranked #21 of 34 Restaurants in Hay-on-Wye
Reviewed 24 May 2018

By visiting the Rose and Crown on a Monday night, we benefitted from the buy one pizza, get one half price offer. They were huge and delicious! You select your own toppings. Took half home in a box. Very friendly staff. Not many places seemed to be open in the evening in Hay, so glad we found the Rose and Crown. Many thanks.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

I went in with limited expectations (my 10 yr old daughter made the choice for dinner) & was very pleasantly surprised. Food was pub staples, but really nicely done. Service was welcoming & efficient. Two well prepared burgers, a coke, and a great pint. Can't go wrong.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Visited for the first time this weekend looked around for somewhere to lunch came across this pub.. thought we'd give it a go.. nice inside menu was ok.. stuck with old favourite as was hungry and went for the lasagne, big portion very nice, garlic bread bit undercooked and wasn't a fan of the chips, wish I'd had salad with it.. only criticism was the lad cleaning the tables used a bleach spray which was quite over powering.. all you could smell before, during and after the meal.. had to leave as it became a problem for me as I suffer from asthma.. enjoyed my pint of cider but had to go else where.. nice friendly people tho.. hopefully a one off??

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

The revamped pub is well worth a visit. Spotlessly clean. Good beer and a really good menu at reasonable prices. I have not eaten here yet but friends who have are delighted with the food and are going back regularly.
It is really good for our little town to have this pub back up and running properly.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

Stayed in Hay for a few days, the Rose and Crown had good beer and reasonable wine, bar staff very friendly, we settled there 3 evenings out of 4, comfortable little pub.